[ELD] ELD trailer, future sets and brawl deck dump (MTG Twitch)

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

Jace wrote:
4 years ago
Krishnath wrote:
4 years ago
RedCheese wrote:
4 years ago
BFZ was on of the worst sets of the modern era.. Wizards definitly want to redeem Zendikar and return to what made it great in the beggining. Just curious how they are going to revive it? How mutch of Zendikar did the Eldrazis destroyed? i know that Nissa ahs seed to rejuvenate the plane, but would take some time to do that, and the ancient temples won't be rejuvenated.
As far as I recall, and I may be off by a bit, the Eldrazi only managed to destroy two continents and start on a third before getting stopped.
Sejiri and Bala GED I believe. One was just an icy wasteland. Bala Ged was a sad loss, but fortunately there are signs it may recover. There's still Tazeem, Ondu, Murasa and several others with classic Zendikar terrain.

I read in the art book that the Eldrazi activity actually uncovered buried ruins. So there's a nice hook for a return. The loss of the Halimar Sea was sad but I imagine that opens up a lot of sunken ruins now too.
I do believe that they also wiped out most of the Mul Daya elves.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Vessiliana
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Vessiliana » 4 years ago

Wait, I'm confused. Eldraine is listed as releasing on 4 October on the release schedule page, but on the spoiler page it says 14 October?

deimos035

Post by deimos035 » 4 years ago

Theros and Zendikar returns are very nice. I have a thing for playing big mana creatures, so the intermediate set sounds good too (but I miss my Onslaught beasts).

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 4 years ago

Whelp, seems like we met the point-of-view character for the ELD novel. Their fight to take down Garruk will be epic. : )

Jace

Post by Jace » 4 years ago

I hope Devotion and Constellation return, as well as Sagas, and at least the mono color gods. I'd love some kind of reference to Arixmethes, and follow up with Thassa and whether she has a Trident now. Theros has a lot of points to hit, hopefully one set can deliver on so many different demands. I'm really looking forward to it and hope it'll be a chance to batch sea monsters and support them, and if a third mechanic returns ideally it'll be monstrosity. They did describe it as the land of gods, heroes and monsters so perhaps they'll check those boxes again.

I'm excited for Zendikar to be redeemed and finally capture the original adventure world aspects that Zen and WWK delivered. It'll probably also give us much in the way of marine creatures on par with Theros, so I am happy to have both Theros and Zendikar in the same year.

Ikoria is what I'm uncertain about. Kaiju and building monsters in an Unstable sense do not appeal to me... but I'll keep an open mind about it. Theros alone is enough for me, and Zendikar that same year is enough to keep me occupied.l even if Ikoria doesn't turn out for me.

NZB2323
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by NZB2323 » 4 years ago

Does Ikoria: lair of behemoths remind anyone else of Lalotai: Realm of Monsters?
Current Decks
rg Morophon, the infinite Kavu Eowyn, human tribal Legolas, voltron control Wb Tymna/Ravos cleric tribal Neheb, Chicago Bulls tribal Ug Edric pauper

Retired Decks
Edgar Markov Kaalia, angel board wipes Ghen, prison Captain Sisay Ub Nymris, draw go Sarulf, voltron control Niv-Mizzet, combo Winota Sidisi, Zombie Tribal

Max Rebo
Husband of Serra

Post by Max Rebo » 4 years ago

This trailer, while production wise is good, is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE in selling the story or theme or idea or what the hell is even going on in Throne of Eldraine.
I can't believe the entire 3+ minutes is on the gingerbread cookies. It honestly got boring, Terrible. Very Odd I thought

Max Rebo
Husband of Serra

Post by Max Rebo » 4 years ago

On the future sets...........Theros (Awesome).........Monster World (sounds cool).......Zendikar (meh...no interest...worn out) SOOOOO many other places to revisit or first time visit before even thinking about Zendikar again honestly very disappointed.
I want to go to Phyrexia (not.. new phyrexia) or a new plane that had been affected by the original portals.

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 4 years ago

Nah, Zendikar is a fine place to re-visit. So many people want to see them do the plane finally without Eldrazi and much closer to the original set - and I personally am interested to see the rebuilding of both Zendikar and Amonkhet rather sooner than later. I just hope they manage to make Zendikar as interesting and vast again as it was before the Eldrazi ate it. The world guide was full of unexplored potential.

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet
Pronoun: she / her

Post by clariwench » 4 years ago

I'm at negative hype levels for Zendikar Rising. Battle for Zendikar block ruined EVERYTHING I liked about Magic and I don't have faith that they can do it well because they'll overcompensate. More Nissa? No thanks. I also don't really understand the love for original Zendikar besides the extremely powerful, format-defining cards it introduced lol.

Not sure if I hate that or the Teferi-focused Core Set 2021 more, though...

Ikoria sounds awesome. And Theros is my second favorite plane, so I'm ecstatic that we're finally returning!

Also... No wonder they had to ruin Historic with the 2:1 WC %$#%$#%, they have to pay for these trailers somehow! I can't believe someone greenlit that.
"Would that both gods above and demons below could protect me from good people. A man dubbed evil will take your purse, but a so-called ‘good man’ will not be content until he has ripped out your very heart.” - Davriel Cane, Children of the Nameless

Alchemy Mono Red Burn -- Historic Izzet Phoenix -- Historic Grixis Yorion Fires RIP -- Modern Burn -- Legacy Burn -- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV EDH -- Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH -- Kess, Dissident Mage EDH -- Jorn, God of Winter Brawl -- Gutmorn, Pactbound Servant Historic Brawl -- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame Historic Brawl -- Killian, Ink Duelist Historic Brawl -- Niv-Mizzet, Parun Historic Brawl

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

Hey, maybe they'll listen to the outcry about wildcards and tweak it.

However, how long have we been outcrying about mechanically unique Buy-a-Boxes now? And how much has that done?

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 4 years ago

Love that trailer, and Garruk animated! And as someone pointed out, all these financial/tournament changes might've been done to produce quality trailer for the game.

I am quite done with Zendikar. Gatewatch has been the center of the story for past years, therefore Zendikar never quite left my mind. I was hoping for a few years before we go back there again, but here we go.

I love Theros's mechanics and flavor, and Elspeth's story deserve some conclusion, as well as Ajani's revolution against the Gods. Though, they have SO MANY planes in Planeschase that has yet to be seen, I prefer those.

ilovesaprolings

Post by ilovesaprolings » 4 years ago

I can't find it anywhere, will next set have brawl decks to, or only Eldraine?
I want Ikoria brawl decks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”