The Prince of the Ravens
Answers: 5
Pronoun: he / him

Post by CalebLost » 4 years ago

Lucifer, Sapere Aude wrote:
4 years ago
clariwench wrote:
4 years ago
What? This card is fantastic and will absolutely see play! It's also the only card in the set that made me feel anything positive so far lol.
Ok, let's start:
- Six mana for a golden card that destroy only creatures. Compare, in the same color combinations with the Vraskas (Unseen and Relic Seeker) which destroy nearly every type of permanent at that cost or less and even gives you a plus advantage (mana). Sure, this Garruk also make a plus advantage (draw a card), but the Relic Seeker can do the ability of destroying a wide range of targets twice in a row, which is much more relevant than "destroy a creature, draw a card" (It doesn't even have the text "up to", so you can't even minus only to draw if there's no legal targets, for example against control.).
- No way to plus except the awkwardly weird and slow waititing of the wolf tokens to die. (and you won't even get the loyalty counters if they get exiled or bounced). 5 starting loyalty for a golden six mana PW is not that exciting either, compare the Vraska that start at six Loyalty, and has just a more efficent way to protect and plus herself with a sureproof +2 each turn. Also, the "each garruk" clause is a gimmick that very rarely will even matters in most practical games, not in Standard for sure.
- Extremely boring ultimate, planeswalker deck style, useless if control or midrange decks can take care of your creatures anyway. Compare again with Relic Seeker that put any opponent at 1 life, no matter what.

I mean, if you are genuinely excited for this PW good for you, but you seems to have low standards in that case.
Yeah, I'm on the same boat. For a 6cmc pw it seems a bit underwhelming considering the limit of his + (tecnically 0 that you can work around to become +2).
For me the "easy" fix to even consider him palyable were 5cmc (maybe a more color intensive 2GGB) and an additional "target creature OR PW" on his -3
Current Duel Commander Decks
EnemyShard
MerenAlesha
Rashmi
Jhoira
Tajic

Lucifer, Sapere Aude
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Lucifer, Sapere Aude » 4 years ago

CalebLost wrote:
4 years ago
For me the "easy" fix to even consider him palyable were 5cmc (maybe a more color intensive 2GGB) and an additional "target creature OR PW" on his -3
The fact that doesn't even target also PW is really unforgivable. "Killing PWs" was totally the stitch and major appeal of the new BG Garruk, if he's not even the "planeswalker hunter" anymore, what should make him remotely interesting, flavor or design wise?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”