[ELD] Four black cards (IGN)

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/09/04/ ... ire-knight

"Image" "Image" "Image" "Image"

So adventure = functions as a split card when in hand, but if you pick the sorcery mode the thing gets shipped into exile and you can cast the creature form, I believe. Cute. Also, I'm digging that alt frame in black.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Serpent_Steve
King of the Elementals!
Answers: 1

Post by Serpent_Steve » 4 years ago

Why does Seb McKinnon's art always look soooo damn sexy?

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 4 years ago

Casting as Adventures does not fill your GY. Interesting.

EDIT: OH MY GOSH KONRAD IS ONLY UNCOMMON? Love me some uncommon legends...and this one is great. I can picture morphing my old Geth deck into serving him.
Last edited by Serenade 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RxPhantom » 4 years ago

This spoiler period has been really grating so far. How about spoiling a Storybook card with text explaining the mechanic first. Would it have been that hard? Now we know how it works after ~12 cards being spoiled. Now I'm just annoyed.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

Serpent_Steve
King of the Elementals!
Answers: 1

Post by Serpent_Steve » 4 years ago

It's also cool that we are getting an uncommon legendary knight for each colour if I'm reading the article right.

RainyDay

Post by RainyDay » 4 years ago

Standard knight tribal might not be dead just yet.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

RxPhantom wrote:
4 years ago
This spoiler period has been really grating so far. How about spoiling a Storybook card with text explaining the mechanic first. Would it have been that hard? Now we know how it works after ~12 cards being spoiled. Now I'm just annoyed.
Actually, we still don't know exactly how it works. We *assume* the adventure part is cast from hand, but we do not *know*.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

CalebLost
The Prince of the Ravens
Answers: 5

Post by CalebLost » 4 years ago

Krishnath wrote:
4 years ago
RxPhantom wrote:
4 years ago
Actually, we still don't know exactly how it works. We *assume* the adventure part is cast from hand, but we do not *know*.
The article says that you can cast both spell or creature form hand, but if you cast the spell you can cast the creature later on (from exile).
You can always play a card for it's normal mana cost, in the top right… Or if it's in your hand, you can pay the adventure cost and send it away on an adventure! It'll do the effect in the adventure textbox, you'll exile the card, and then you can still cast it later on.
Last edited by CalebLost 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Current Duel Commander Decks
EnemyShard
MerenAlesha
Rashmi
Jhoira
Tajic

RtKART
Illustrator

Post by RtKART » 4 years ago

Man I'll probably have to put the Seb Mckinnon Order of Midnight into a commander deck just for the art. Syr Konrad will probably be my next commander deck though he will be a lightning rod for removal since my opponents will feel like I am draining them for everything they do.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

CalebLost wrote:
4 years ago
Krishnath wrote:
4 years ago
RxPhantom wrote:
4 years ago
The article says that you can cast both spell or creature form hand, but if you cast the spell you can cast the creature later on (from exile).
You can always play a card for it's normal mana cost, in the top right… Or if it's in your hand, you can pay the adventure cost and send it away on an adventure! It'll do the effect in the adventure textbox, you'll exile the card, and then you can still cast it later on.
Edit: seems confirmed by the spoiler of the new land that adds Mardu mana to cast Knights (and Equips)
Ah, ok. Thank you for explaining it. Would have been more interesting if you did it from the battlefield, but it can see how it could be abusable that way.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 4 years ago

Konrad loves madness and delve and surveil and dredge and...
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

pierreb

Post by pierreb » 4 years ago

Ugh. That mechanic as a small memory issue vs card like path to exile. You need to know if it got exiled by the adventure (castable) or another effect (not castable).

On top of being convoluted and having a weird frame. It's cute, but is the knowledge required and rule baggage worth it?
Konrad loves madness and delve and surveil and dredge and...
And shuffling your GY into your library...

Max Rebo
Husband of Serra
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Max Rebo » 4 years ago

Knight tribal is a favorite, so this is great to see. Also a one drop deathtouch in two relevant tribes....very spicy

lyonhaert
Answers: 4
Pronoun: they / them

Post by lyonhaert » 4 years ago

Syr Konrad, the Grim also has some nice synergy with Mindcrank. A bit random whether it combos or halts with just that, but it could definitely be brutal. It's going to be scary with that many ways to trigger it.
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

theMarc
Oh god, it's all over my body.

Post by theMarc » 4 years ago

Ooh, I likey Syr Konrad. Gonna need him for Muldrotha and Malfegor.

Jace

Post by Jace » 4 years ago

Smitten Swordmaster's art is just perfect.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”