[ELD] Mothership Spoiler 9/19 Happily Ever After

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

What a fun alt-win! I guess if Coalition Victory will continue to be banned in EDH then we can have this nice replacement for all those white-but-WUBRG commanders.

Not really white card draw in the sense we were expecting (like Mentor of the Meek) though, more like group hug benefits cantripping.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

the soft hissing of EDH players' deflating hopes for white's "new thing" being useful echoes across the land

(this is probably said card, as per maro. dammit)

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 4 years ago

Huh so white now gets "each player draws a card".
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

Taleran

Post by Taleran » 4 years ago

So the quickest way to do this is with

Dryad Arbor + Aftermath Instant/Sorcery + This card in Play + Artifact/Tribal/Planeswalker in play or Yard.

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

Taleran wrote:
4 years ago
So the quickest way to do this is with

Dryad Arbor + Aftermath Instant/Sorcery + This card in Play + Artifact/Tribal/Planeswalker in play or Yard.
You need one of each color in play too but that's just simply your commander or any of the following
And Scrapbasket or Scuttlemutt (Activate while happily ever after check is on the stack)

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 4 years ago

Seriously, can you stop making white rares be actually 5 color cards. Why does this keep happening to white of late?
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 4 years ago

So Oko turns the king into an elk, the knights search for him, find him, and everyone is mostly happy?
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

The N82O Molecule

Post by The N82O Molecule » 4 years ago

my favorite part of the article

"I'm going to skip talking about the power level of this card in Limited, because you've really got to set up a house pretty permanently in Magical Christmas Land for this to ever do anything remotely resembling winning the game."

allow me to translate if I may

"this is a sh** card in limited" hahahahahaha

[mention]Serenade[/mention]
I agree. . .like, no rended continents, no castles lost, no fear the plane is going to implode/explose, no sinister King vying for power.

just a har har har, lemme tell you a silly story about the time the King got turned into a elk. . .haha, he was the elk. . .oh man can you believe it. . .wench! another mead for me and my friend here as we folly over cute stories

I need a blightsteel colossus come over and lay some waste around indiscriminately

Taleran

Post by Taleran » 4 years ago

ISBPathfinder wrote:
4 years ago
Seriously, can you stop making white rares be actually 5 color cards. Why does this keep happening to white of late?
This is very strange and it is more cards than is just a coincidence at this point.

CalebLost
The Prince of the Ravens
Answers: 5

Post by CalebLost » 4 years ago

ISBPathfinder wrote:
4 years ago
IIRC Maro said something on the line that White being the color of community and working together tends to favor cards that are white but secretly all colors combined
Current Duel Commander Decks
EnemyShard
MerenAlesha
Rashmi
Jhoira
Tajic

Serenade
UnderKing

I'm fine with this story, of course. Just want to confirm that we just run into a little mischief and finally don't have to deal with some Big Bad over a course of years. I just want...to observe and explore new planes. Meet new peoples. That's what "being the player/planeswalker" means to me!

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Curtain. MARO and PLAYERS

MARO: Hohoho, folks! Eldraine is fantastic! In 2019 you'll love WAR, MH1 and ELD!
PLAYERS: Oh boy! Can't wait!
MARO: Oh yeah and we're also gonna be trying a minor new thing for white in EDH!
PLAYERS: Hype!
spoilers roll in
PLAYERS: We love Eldraine!
RUMPY: I don't love Eldraine, the whole thing reeks of Shrek and Food is a parasitic mecha-
RUMPY deposited out the window
MARO: Glad that you're happy!
PLAYERS: So where's the cool new awesome white thing that will make it not suck in EDH?
MARO: It's coming.
Happily Ever After hits
PLAYERS: ...so that's it?
MARO: Yep. Well, I did say minor.
PLAYERS: But how's this new? Temporary Truce is a thing. Parley is this with benefits.
MARO: Look, I'm sorry
PLAYERS: Also where's the food legend? It seemed you learned that when you make a mechanical thing in a set, you have to print a legend to support it after KLD and energy. You were hyping that one too. Where's the food legend MaRo?

Curtain

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 4 years ago

Serenade wrote:
4 years ago
I'm fine with this story, of course. Just want to confirm that we just run into a little mischief and finally don't have to deal with some Big Bad over a course of years. I just want...to observe and explore new planes. Meet new peoples. That's what "being the player/planeswalker" means to me!
Well this is suppose to be the start of a new story arc;
SPOILER
Show
Hide
With one thread being that Oko did escape and Garruk isn't going after him (yet). Oko also seem very interested in the fact that Garruk knew Liliana.
However again there are a few other things I can think off that could happen from here.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

theMarc
Oh god, it's all over my body.

Post by theMarc » 4 years ago

Rumpy5897 wrote:
4 years ago
Also where's the food legend?
It's possible that Korvold is meant to be the food legend.

Serenade
UnderKing

Hahaha, everything became food to him!

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 4 years ago

CommanderMaster999 wrote:
4 years ago
And Scrapbasket or Scuttlemutt (Activate while happily ever after check is on the stack)
Fun fact: The way intervening if-clauses work the ability won't even go onto the stack unless you already have the condition at the beginning of your upkeep, so the only reason you need to activate these after the ability is on the stack is after an opponent removed a color condition in response to the triggered ability.

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

theMarc wrote:
4 years ago
Rumpy5897 wrote:
4 years ago
Also where's the food legend?
It's possible that Korvold is meant to be the food legend.
You know what? That's not a bad hypothesis. He procs off general sacrifice, making him a more generally useful legend. I think I let my disappointment at white's "new thing" being parley get the better of me and cloud my judgment a bit.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Dunharrow

Post by Dunharrow » 4 years ago

I asked Maro a dozen times if Parley was in colour pie for white and he didn't answer.

I think this is the best solution. If white has answers to everything, then symmetrical card draw should favour white, right?
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

CommanderMaster999

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
Fun fact: The way intervening if-clauses work the ability won't even go onto the stack unless you already have the condition at the beginning of your upkeep, so the only reason you need to activate these after the ability is on the stack is after an opponent removed a color condition in response to the triggered ability.
Yep I just learned that so these will be Incase we loose the 5-color creature triggers

The_Greasy_Strangler
Bullsh*t Artist

Post by The_Greasy_Strangler » 4 years ago

4 years ago
SecretInfiltrator wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
Yep I just learned that so these will be Incase we loose the 5-color creature triggers
Couldn't you just use scuttlemut in your untap step?
Tell you a secret: I am the Greasy Strangler

CommanderMaster999

The_Greasy_Strangler wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
SecretInfiltrator wrote:
4 years ago

I believe the untap phase ends in the blink of a eye and immediately goes straight upkeeps phase

theMarc

4 years ago
4 years ago
SecretInfiltrator wrote:
4 years ago
Players don't get priority during the untap step, so no.

The_Greasy_Strangler
Bullsh*t Artist

Post by The_Greasy_Strangler » 4 years ago

theMarc wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
4 years ago

My bad. Back in ye olden days, you could. I think. :thinking: Now i'm doubting myself.
Tell you a secret: I am the Greasy Strangler

theMarc

4 years ago
theMarc wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
My bad. Back in ye olden days, you could. I think. :thinking: Now i'm doubting myself.
Back before Sixth Edition, the rules were all kinds of weird, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”