Marquis
Spoiler Master
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Marquis » 4 years ago

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 4 years ago

Well they finally added the noble type (something I've used in my own fairy tale set ^.^. which is great, advisor doesn't feel right for some "rulers".

Okay card great flavor okay card, but kinda eh unless there is some token makers.

EDIT: Hmmm hints to beasts being race?
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

Mookie
Answers: 48
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mookie » 4 years ago

So 'Noble' can be a creature type, but 'Lord' can't be? Bah!

More seriously, looks pretty reasonable. 3 mana 5/5 reminds me of Rhonas the Indomitable and Lupine Prototype, but having a 1/1 creature is a pretty easy restriction to fulfill. Can also always block, unlike the other two. Definitely hurt by Llanowar Elves rotating out though. Unsure whether a (mostly) vanilla 5/5 is playable in Standard though. Maybe in a monogreen stompy deck?

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

I'm liking the card designs so far. They feel fresh and new for mtg.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

ApocalypseChive

Post by ApocalypseChive » 4 years ago

Oracle update incoming for Faerie Noble, Falkenrath Noble, Sprite Noble, Stromkirk Noble, and Vampire Noble at least. Weird how "Noble" also being a separate but related adjective means that Noble Hierarch and so on probably aren't getting the type update.

I'm hoping Storybook is not "sorcery flashback for creatures" so that you can somehow get the Human without losing the Beast card.

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 4 years ago

What if you can cast it for it's "adventure" cost while it's on the battlefield (obviously only at sorcery speed). So it goes from the battlefield and then onto the stack, and then once it resolves as sorcery it goes back onto the battlefield as a creature?

That makes the most sense as far as that creature having an adventure.

pierreb

Post by pierreb » 4 years ago

darrenhabib wrote:
4 years ago
What if you can cast it for it's "adventure" cost while it's on the battlefield (obviously only at sorcery speed). So it goes from the battlefield and then onto the stack, and then once it resolves as sorcery it goes back onto the battlefield as a creature?
So you would be able to create as many 1/1 as you have green mana, every turn? Impossible.

I'm still convinced adventures are split cards.

darrenhabib

pierreb wrote:
4 years ago
darrenhabib wrote:
4 years ago
So you would be able to create as many 1/1 as you have green mana, every turn? Impossible.

I'm still convinced adventures are split cards.
It's got to be more than a split card however, otherwise why bother with the "adventure" subtype?

Cardz5000

Post by Cardz5000 » 4 years ago

Maybe it re-enters tapped, and it has to be untapped to adventure.

It think it may be more likely that you put a copy of the adventure on the stack rather than have the creature leave and re-enter.

darrenhabib

Cardz5000 wrote:
4 years ago
Maybe it re-enters tapped, and it has to be untapped to adventure.

It think it may be more likely that you put a copy of the adventure on the stack rather than have the creature leave and re-enter.
Yeah, plus it taps the creature to cast the adventure, which prevents you from doing it over and over again.

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 4 years ago

This design strongly implies that casting the Adventure will still alow the card to be on the battlefield i. e. not just a split card or flashback. I think, the first intuition most had is correct and this will be a vitrtual spell card that you can cast exactly once with the creature on the battlefield. We probably will also get some overlay in the token slot (maybe a punch-out reminiscent of embalmed that is exactly the size of half-a-textbox) that tells us "Adventure concluded".

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 4 years ago

You know how reading the card usually explains the card? I still have no clue how this works.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

Jace

Post by Jace » 4 years ago

Surprised he isn't legendary... I expected the main characters of the tropes to be after all.
Perhaps just the princesses are? But the Ariel we saw was not either...

I can't wait to see the tokens for this set though

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

I'm interested to see what adventure is but this is cool

Arkmer
Opinionated and Wrong

Post by Arkmer » 4 years ago

RxPhantom wrote:
4 years ago
You know how reading the card usually explains the card? I still have no clue how this works.
Considering how dull food turned out to be, I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a strange layout for what amounts to split cards. Big difference is that one half is a creature.

Impossible

Post by Impossible » 4 years ago

Well now that we know how Adventure works, this seems to be one of the stand-outs so far. A 1-mana 1/1 and a 3-mana 5/5 in one card is pretty solid.

pierreb

Post by pierreb » 4 years ago

Impossible wrote:
4 years ago
Well now that we know how Adventure works, this seems to be one of the stand-outs so far. A 1-mana 1/1 and a 3-mana 5/5 in one card is pretty solid.
Where did the adventure mechanic got explained?

From what you say, I assume the adventure can be cast only once from the battlefield? How does it interact with something like remand?

Serpent_Steve
King of the Elementals!

Post by Serpent_Steve » 4 years ago

pierreb wrote:
4 years ago
Impossible wrote:
4 years ago
Where did the adventure mechanic got explained?

From what you say, I assume the adventure can be cast only once from the battlefield? How does it interact with something like remand?
Here you go mate, https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/09/04/ ... ire-knight

They have Gavin in this article explain that you cast either the creature or cast the adventure spell from hand. Then if the spell is cast the creature goes into exile where it can be cast from later.

So with a card like Remand the creature/adventure spell just goes back to hand. It doesn't bounce the creature from the table as the adventure spell can't be cast there.

Max Rebo
Husband of Serra

Post by Max Rebo » 4 years ago

I see that I am going to enjoy the Arthurian part of Eldraine and dread which cheese we get on the Fairy tale side.
The alternate frames have all looked very cool so far.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

now that i understand the rules of this card. It's actually decent. He can still be a huge blocker if the 1/1 is killed.

they better make a proper token for it. :)
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”