[C19] Nightmare Unmaking (Salty Commander)

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

"Image"

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Cyberium
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cyberium » 4 years ago

Salty commander. I gotta visit the site sometimes.

The first option is clearly superior, as most people have no more than seven cards in hand, but plenty of creature has 1 or greater power.

This is the kind of cards I wish WotC makes more of. Hellbent/low hand size support.
Last edited by Cyberium 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

hyalopterouslemur

Post by hyalopterouslemur » 4 years ago

Cyberium wrote:
4 years ago

The first option is clearly superior, as most people have no more than seven cards in hand, but plenty of creature has 1 or greater power.

This is the kind of cards I with WotC makes more of. Hellbent/low hand size support.
Null Profusion exists. I'm just saying.
Thanks to Feyd_Ruin for the avatar!

Cyberium

hyalopterouslemur wrote:
4 years ago
Cyberium wrote:
4 years ago

This is the kind of cards I with WotC makes more of. Hellbent/low hand size support.
And how long ago was it? We need new overlords!

Sojourner Dusk
Dominarian Hitchhiker

Post by Sojourner Dusk » 4 years ago

Reliquary Tower exists. Option 2 makes a lot more sense for many people. For example, Nekusar decks.
May your games be chaotic and your decks be rogue.

UBR Nekusar (EDH)
RGW Mayael, Naturally (EDH)

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 4 years ago

This looks interesting, if a bit difficult to evaluate - it's possible to build around specific numbers, but keeping a specific number of cards in hand can be difficult. I suppose the base case is if you have a discard outlet, which turns this into a decent Malfegor impression. Alternatively, could be good if you care about small creatures (Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker, for example) and can get your hand empty quickly, or if you have a high-power general you want to clear the way for (such as Volrath, the Shapestealer).

Notably, unlike most black board wipes, this is an exile effect. I actually can't think of any other monoblack board wipes that exile. There are a few -X/-X and mass sacrifice effects, but most black board wipes just destroy everything.

shukkets

Post by shukkets » 4 years ago

The people in that card art look a bit...Ashiok'd. Well, the word nightmare is in the card name.

hyalopterouslemur

Post by hyalopterouslemur » 4 years ago

Cyberium wrote:
4 years ago
hyalopterouslemur wrote:
4 years ago
Cyberium wrote:
4 years ago

It's an eternal format, so...

Plus, it's not like there aren't discard cards out there. Ensnaring Bridge is a common Stax piece, after all.

Conversely, you can use big creatures and pick the "smaller" option, with plenty of card draw. But regardless, you will know which choice you want when you sleeve it up 90% of the time.
Thanks to Feyd_Ruin for the avatar!

Cyberium

hyalopterouslemur wrote:
4 years ago
Cyberium wrote:
4 years ago
hyalopterouslemur wrote:
4 years ago

It's an eternal format, so...

Plus, it's not like there aren't discard cards out there. Ensnaring Bridge is a common Stax piece, after all.

Conversely, you can use big creatures and pick the "smaller" option, with plenty of card draw. But regardless, you will know which choice you want when you sleeve it up 90% of the time.
Oh, I know those cards exist. I'm not complaining about what we already have, I'm simply requesting for MORE new ones. XD

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”