[C19] Greven, Predator Captain (Loregoyfs)

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

"Image"

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Ho-lee. That's absolutely wild.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

SyntheticDreamer

Post by SyntheticDreamer » 4 years ago

YES. Absolutely yes.

It's so flavorful - he has built-in Hatred, and he throws Vhati il-Dal overboard to draw you cards. This is the Greven card we truly deserved.
Lapsed DCI Rules Advisor - Retired from playing but still hanging around

The_Greasy_Strangler
Bullsh*t Artist
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The_Greasy_Strangler » 4 years ago

Awesome!

Too bad i can't play him in my new Vorthos Volrath deck.
Tell you a secret: I am the Greasy Strangler

RtKART
Illustrator

Post by RtKART » 4 years ago

That is a really fun card. I love that he lives up to the classic suicide black style.

The_Greasy_Strangler
Bullsh*t Artist

Post by The_Greasy_Strangler » 4 years ago

Now we just need a new Predator vehicle.

Also, i kinda wish Volrath got Zack Stella art like Greven and Gerrard.
Tell you a secret: I am the Greasy Strangler

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

Post by Lifeless » 4 years ago

I don't know if this is good, but I do know that I like it.

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 4 years ago

very cool! I thought Greven was somehow altered by Volrath, was expecting Mutant or something where Human is. oh well.

SyntheticDreamer

Post by SyntheticDreamer » 4 years ago

folding_music wrote:
4 years ago
very cool! I thought Greven was somehow altered by Volrath, was expecting Mutant or something where Human is. oh well.
He was partially compleated, but not much other than to enhance his strength (the most important thing was the Spinal Graft he received so Volrath and later Crovax could control him). He was basically still human.
Lapsed DCI Rules Advisor - Retired from playing but still hanging around

YawgmothPrime

Post by YawgmothPrime » 4 years ago

I do enjoy the art mirrors with Gerrard's new art, their backgrounds are similar as well as the coloring. I also enjoy Volrath and Crovax reflected in the wings.
The human body is a machine to be perfected.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

SyntheticDreamer wrote:
4 years ago
folding_music wrote:
4 years ago
He was partially compleated, but not much other than to enhance his strength (the most important thing was the Spinal Graft he received so Volrath and later Crovax could control him). He was basically still human.
Yup. He's an ugly son-of-a-mother but hey, he's il, none of them are lookers.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 4 years ago

RtKART wrote:
4 years ago
That is a really fun card. I love that he lives up to the classic suicide black style.
Yeah, consider black has been rather cowardly in recent years. I miss the time when you can pay half of your life at once. Hatred + new Greven = double benefit.

I'd consider using him with Homicidal Seclusion and Deadly Wanderings, even Demonic Rising is useful here since you can just sac the demon.
Last edited by Cyberium 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

Huh, I actually feel a push towards various life-paying shenanigans in Bx from, say, GRN onwards. Font of Agonies, Doom Whisperer, Bolas's Citadel, Vilis, Broker of Blood, now this whole K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth fellow. It's not exactly extremely prevalent, but I noticed an undercurrent of these cropping up with some regularity these days. Each time one comes out I'm tempted to jam it into my Daxos list, hence the awareness of the trend :P

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Mookie
Answers: 47

Post by Mookie » 4 years ago

Greven, Predator Captain looks sweet. Ball Lightning (and other X/1s) tribal? Alternatively, give him lifelink and embrace the Hatred with something like Unspeakable Symbol.

Hawk
Slayer of Threads

Post by Hawk » 4 years ago

Love it love it love it. The original Commander Greven il-Vec was not by any means an awful card but definitely had lost a lot of luster, and Rakdos makes a lot more sense for a character who's own original flavortext identifies his need to Rage.

The card is amazing. Built-in Hatred (and effective double-strike from Hatred which 100% is a mandatory inclusion in a deck) is very powerful and can lead to some one-shot kills, but just in case he also has a built in dark, suicidalMomentous Fall, to represent his love of causing others to fall to their violent deaths. Of the four legends in the set he's probably the biggest flavor and power-level homerun.

hyalopterouslemur

Post by hyalopterouslemur » 4 years ago

Just wow. And he can even still kill Vhati il-Dal.
Thanks to Feyd_Ruin for the avatar!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”