So, About the Weather...

Bookstooge
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Bookstooge » 4 years ago

As I'm from New England, talking about the weather is a favorite topic. It's always there and it can be depended on to be a subject that everyone can talk about, even with perfect strangers.

Been hot today. Not a fan of hot weather myself. That's why I'm thinking of moving to Georgia in a couple of years 8-D

Gaea's Regent
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Gaea's Regent » 4 years ago

I live in perfect climate. Don't get me started. 😆
From Gaea grew the world, and the world was silent. From Gaea grew the world’s elves, and the world was silent no more. —Elvish teaching

:) :) :) :) :halo: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :halo: :) :cussing: :) :) :halo: :) :cussing:

Bookstooge

Gaea's Regent wrote:
4 years ago
Yeah, but what's your definition of "perfect"?

benjameenbear

Post by benjameenbear » 4 years ago

Anywhere NOT cold. My wife and I live in DE and we both dislike how cold it gets even in our little Mid-Atlantic state. North Carolina, on the other hand... that's perfect. It gets cool during the Winter but no sleet or snow type of nonsense.

Gaea's Regent

Post by Gaea's Regent » 4 years ago

Bookstooge wrote:
4 years ago
Gaea's Regent wrote:
4 years ago
Yeah, but what's your definition of "perfect"?
We enjoy an enviable temperature range, mostly: https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/gua ... la/climate
From Gaea grew the world, and the world was silent. From Gaea grew the world’s elves, and the world was silent no more. —Elvish teaching

:) :) :) :) :halo: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :halo: :) :cussing: :) :) :halo: :) :cussing:

DrFunkenstein

Post by DrFunkenstein » 4 years ago

Bookstooge wrote:
4 years ago
As I'm from New England, talking about the weather is a favorite topic. It's always there and it can be depended on to be a subject that everyone can talk about, even with perfect strangers.

Been hot today. Not a fan of hot weather myself. That's why I'm thinking of moving to Georgia in a couple of years 8-D
I'll be moving to Georgia in a few months. Do you have an idea of what parts?

Heard there has been record heat in Alaska; 85+ out (in Fahrenheit for non-US members, lol)... And their homes typically are sans central air, are living w/ a day that last about 80% of the total day, and in general, are not prepared. So, for all the naysayers, tell me Global Warming isn't a thing?

Bookstooge

DrFunkenstein wrote:
4 years ago
So, for all the naysayers, tell me Global Warming isn't a thing?
Aaaand there we go. I figured someone would be a jackass and start wildly talking out of their donkey about conspiracy theories like that, but I "was" hoping it would take a little longer.

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet
Pronoun: she / her

Post by clariwench » 4 years ago

TIL facts and evidence are conspiracy theories.

Anything over 75 F is way too hot for me and it's been in the upper 80's and low 90's here, and also very humid. Mid-to-late fall is my favorite time of the year because the weather's perfect! The only good thing about summer is how many thunderstorms we get.
"Would that both gods above and demons below could protect me from good people. A man dubbed evil will take your purse, but a so-called ‘good man’ will not be content until he has ripped out your very heart.” - Davriel Cane, Children of the Nameless

Alchemy Mono Red Burn -- Historic Izzet Phoenix -- Historic Grixis Yorion Fires RIP -- Modern Burn -- Legacy Burn -- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV EDH -- Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH -- Kess, Dissident Mage EDH -- Jorn, God of Winter Brawl -- Gutmorn, Pactbound Servant Historic Brawl -- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame Historic Brawl -- Killian, Ink Duelist Historic Brawl -- Niv-Mizzet, Parun Historic Brawl

DrSeaMonster
Pronoun: they / them

Post by DrSeaMonster » 4 years ago

I live in Texas.

It's hot. It's almost always hot.

But I don't live in the desert part, I live in the swamp part.

So it's always hot -and- humid.
Abzan aligned, Timmy/Johnny with a Vorthos activated ability.

Commander decks: Karador. Riku. Savra. Vorosh. Teysa Karlov. Kaalia, Zenith Seeker.
Balthor the Defiled. Radha, Heir to Keld. Nath. Saheeli, the Gifted. Zurgo Helmsmasher.
Samut, Voice of Dissent. Grimgrin. Ertai, the Corrupted. Nicol Bolas, the Ravager. Elsha.
Glissa, the Traitor. Chainer, Nightmare Adept. Obosh. Nethroi. Konrad. Kros. Karametra.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

It rained during the night that lead to today, it was nice, cleared up the air a bit. It's a decent summer day today, with about 25 degrees Celsius, and a light breeze. Perfect summer weather really.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

{mikeyG}

Post by {mikeyG} » 4 years ago

Edmonton is finally getting summer weather after almost two months of rain. Sadly, our summer usually ends by September so that doesn't leave us with much summer before six weeks of autumn and then the requisite six months of winter. :(

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

in Southern Ontario, Canada, it's been pretty warm for maybe 2 months and I generally like it for the most part. I'd much prefer it to the cold, which is a lot of the year

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Break Room”