I am now officially a Swedish citizen.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 2 years ago

Wheeee. :grin:

That means I now have a dual Danish/Swedish citizenship.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 2 years ago

congrats. I better that's a major relief

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 2 years ago

motleyslayer wrote:
2 years ago
congrats. I better that's a major relief
It certainly doesn't hurt. :)

The reason is pretty funny though, if I wanted a passport, it would be cheaper and easier to become a Swedish citizen and get a Swedish passport, than to get a Danish passport because I live in Gothenburg, Sweden. If I wanted a Danish passport I needed to first travel to the Danish Embassy, which is located in Stockholm, pay for a stay in Stockholm, visit the embassy, pay a rather large fee to get the passport, travel back home, then when the passport is ready, travel back to the Embassy to pick it up, pay for another overnight stay in Stockholm, and then travel back home.

Getting a Swedish citizenship was, fill out a form, pay a fee, wait for it to process, and boom, Swedish citizenship. Then if I want a passport, I simply book a time online, travel to the local police HQ, pay a small fee, and then get a letter when I can travel in to the police HQ to pick it up. It is both cheaper and easier than the other option.

Not that I have any intention of getting a passport, because I really don't travel. I can't without getting panic attacks. But being a Swedish citizen makes it a lot easier to interact with various government offices, plus it protects my future. And I get to vote on who gets to take part in the Swedish government when there is an election, instead of just local government and to the EU, which is a plus.

And just for context, Sweden is a huge country. Traveling from Gothenburg, here on the west coast, near the Norwegian border, to Stockholm, further north and on the east coast, its roughly the same distance as between Berlin and Krakow, it's pretty far. Sweden is so huge, that if you took the full length of Sweden, from the furthest northern tip to the one furthest to the south, and laid it over Europe starting from the Southern tip of Sweden, the other end would end up smack dab in the middle of Rome.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Break Room”