So, I got the first dose of the Vaccine today.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

Now I have to wait until the 24th of March to get the second.

But after that I can finally go to the city again, wheee! :party:
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 3 years ago

It's pretty good to hear/read people getting the vaccine, hopefully this will help everything return to normal. As for Canada there's still a delay but I'll probably get it so I can actually do stuff

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

motleyslayer wrote:
3 years ago
It's pretty good to hear/read people getting the vaccine, hopefully this will help everything return to normal. As for Canada there's still a delay but I'll probably get it so I can actually do stuff
You should get it, it is the only way to absolutely ensure that you are protected from the disease in some way. If you are able to, you should get either Modena's or Pfizer-Biontech's version as they are currently the two best ones, with an immunity rating of over 90%, if you are unable to get either of those, the new one from Johnson and Johnson is also a very good option, as although it only has an immunity rating of slightly above 60%. the remaining people who get it still have a heightened resistance, and should you get infected the disease will affect you a lot less severely. Only take the Astra-Zeneca vaccine if you absolutely don't have a choice.

I do not believe the Russian one (Sputnik) will be available in Canada, but since it lacks proper documentation that is probably a good thing.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RxPhantom » 3 years ago

Take the vaccine offered to you, full stop.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

motleyslayer

I'm really glad there are multiple different vaccines out there for it now. That should greatly reduce supply issues that are happening in various parts of the world. I don't even really know what the difference is between them but it'll be something that'll be an interesting thing to look up. I'm more concerned with just being able to get it , but knowing the difference would be something worth knowing

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RxPhantom » 3 years ago

motleyslayer wrote:
3 years ago
I'm really glad there are multiple different vaccines out there for it now. That should greatly reduce supply issues that are happening in various parts of the world. I don't even really know what the difference is between them but it'll be something that'll be an interesting thing to look up. I'm more concerned with just being able to get it , but knowing the difference would be something worth knowing
There's a lot of data out there, as well as a lot of misinformation. It can be frustrating. There is a lot of talk about efficacy and side effects, but all of the vaccines so far share one very important thing in common: they have been shown to be nearly 100% effective at preventing serious disease and death. So you may still get COVID-19, but you'll stay out of the hospital, you'll live, and the likelihood that you'll have long-term health issues is greatly diminished.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

motleyslayer

I'm not overly concerned about side effects of the vaccine to be honest as they seem so rare. I don't expect it to be 100% effective yet either but rather I expect it to make everyone safer once we can get a fair bit of people vaccinated

hyalopterouslemur

Post by hyalopterouslemur » 3 years ago

Yeah, vaccines are mostly effective, but the real benefit comes from collective inoculation. That's what herd immunity refers to, not some Swedish pox party.

Anyway, I already got my first. Still wearing the mask and face shield tho. And staying at home.
Thanks to Feyd_Ruin for the avatar!

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

hyalopterouslemur wrote:
3 years ago
That's what herd immunity refers to, not some Swedish pox party.
Don't get me started, those, well, I can't use the word I want to use here, so I'll use "Idiots" here, knew that thousands of preventable deaths would happen if they went with the herd immunity strategy, even though it was unlikely to work, and they did so anyway. They are responsible for around 10000 needless deaths by now, and it is my sincere hope that once this pandemic is dealt with they will stand trial for manslaughter.
hyalopterouslemur wrote:
3 years ago
Anyway, I already got my first. Still wearing the mask and face shield tho. And staying at home.
Same, still wearing the mask and stuff, and staying home. And even when I've gotten my second shot, I'll still be wearing the mask when out of about. The vaccine doesn't give 100% immunity after all, and anything that can boost my protection further is good.

motleyslayer

tbh I think masks and whatnot that we've sort of become used to over the past year or so (a year already, geez) are probably gonna be around for a while, even when we get a majority of people vaccinated. Although I think getting a majority people vaccinated is still a long time away

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

motleyslayer wrote:
3 years ago
tbh I think masks and whatnot that we've sort of become used to over the past year or so (a year already, geez) are probably gonna be around for a while, even when we get a majority of people vaccinated. Although I think getting a majority people vaccinated is still a long time away
I am certainly going to keep using a mask even after the second shot. Vaccinated does not mean that you are guaranteed immune, just resistant. And there is a non-zero chance that we are going to get more pandemics going forward.

motleyslayer

wearing a mask could also protect other people as well, since there is a pretty high amount of people who are not vaccinated yet as well.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Break Room”