professional wrestling

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 3 years ago

anyone into pro wrestling?

I've been into it since I was maybe 10ish, taking a few breaks here and there.

I started to get into it towards the very later end of the attitude era, basically right around as the WWE bought out WCW.

you have any favourite eras or favourite wrestlers?

I really like the Undertakerge, Ed and Chris Jericho

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

NJPW is brilliant right now. The G1 has been amazing this year.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 3 years ago

I used to play the Raw Deal CCG fairly competitively back around backlash ;)

I haven't followed Wrestling for years but I was super into it for a while. Fun stuff. Basically adult LARPing. Me and my buddies played in some sim leagues as well :P

motleyslayer

void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
NJPW is brilliant right now. The G1 has been amazing this year.
I always tell myself I wanna watch them more but never do.

I found myself wanting to collect old dvds again, so I wanna start looking around for more. I found myself getting nostalgic for older events/older content again

rujasu
Pronoun: they / them

Post by rujasu » 3 years ago

Really enjoyed WCW and WWF in like 1998. Kept watching WWE and early TNA until about 2005 when I went to college. Never really got back into it, even though I've heard good things about AEW recently. I don't watch a ton of TV in general any more. If it was easy to watch on my PC, on my own schedule, I might be more inclined to check it out.

motleyslayer

I remember taking a break from wrestling from around 2008 until maybe 2011 or so. Even then I don't think I really watched as much as I do again now over the past few years or so. The WWE Network helped me get back into wrestling as had collecting DVDs.

AEW is so good, I love Dynamite, their weekly show. It's so much better than any WWE programming

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Semishameless plug: The link in my sig is for my e-fed (wrestling text RPG) which literally just returned from an extended hiatus.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

rujasu
Pronoun: they / them

Post by rujasu » 3 years ago

I was in an e-fed for a while! Reddit seems like a less-than-ideal venue for that, but I guess you gotta do it where there are people.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Yeah, it is traditionally a forum thing, but it works surprisingly well.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

(PS: We just reopened signups and we'd love to see fresh faces. We try to have funny and unique characters and angles while taking the quality seriously!)

motleyslayer

I was reading that AEW will be making a video game. I'm interested in it

motleyslayer

anyone watch Survivor Series last night? I found the card sorta lackluster, especially for a Big 4 event. However, I did really enjoy the send off for the Undertaker. It was really good and he's my favourite wrestler. so I'm sad to see him retire but he's had a great career

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 1 year ago

went to go see a Saturday Night Main Event in Kingston last weekend, really excited about the direction Triple H will take WWE

cheonice
Sand is overpowered.

Post by cheonice » 3 months ago

Never seen a wrestling match, but found an excellent comic about it. Do a powerbomb is easily the best and most fun comic I read all year. The author just got into wrestling and created a loveletter to it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Break Room”