Fireworks for Tokyo Olympics 2020

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 3 years ago

I heard they cannot be stored until 2021, so the japanese decided to use them even when there's no games.

beautiful. :)

AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

That looks awesome. And I understand why they decided to fire it off, storing large amounts of explosives is incredibly dangerous. So it is basically cheaper to use it and buy new fireworks when they need to use it, than it is to store it safely for a long time.

Fun fact, the music that is played (Champagnegalop) was composed by a Danish composer by the name of Hans Christian Lumbye, and is one of the most well known pieces of orchestral music ever written, although very few know its name or the composer. The piece was written by Mr. Lumbye to celebrate Tivoli Gardens (of Copenhagen) second birthday. Tivoli Gardens is worlds second oldest amusement park (The oldest also residing in Denmark). The oldest being Dyrehavsbakken. Just a fun fact about my birth nation.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 3 years ago

I guess the japanese still have budget to buy new fireworks for other events. Perhaps the quality would deteriorate if stored for too long?

thanks for the info on the music.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

The Fluff wrote:
3 years ago
I guess the japanese still have budget to buy new fireworks for other events. Perhaps the quality would deteriorate if stored for too long?
I think it is more of a safety issue, it is a large amount of explosives after all, and it doesn't take much to set fireworks off. And if that happens in a small enclosed space, well, the damage can be devastating as anyone who has seen the aftermath of such a detonation can attest.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Break Room”