Card Database

xeroxedfool
Pronoun: he / him

Post by xeroxedfool » 4 years ago

They card database on the forum is excellent. I like how it has prices and printings which allow us to link to the specific version of a card that we want to.

I was wondering if it would be possible to include foils in this? I am totally ignorant of how this sort of thing works. Perhaps it would be easy, or perhaps not.

Thanks for you time.
They're both Griffith, get it?

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 4 years ago

It would require a new database and a larger change to the setup.

That said, ill look into it and put it on the "possibilty" list
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

BOVINE
Legendary Creature – Ox

Post by BOVINE » 4 years ago

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
It would require a new database and a larger change to the setup.

That said, ill look into it and put it on the "possibilty" list
Would adding "flip" as a hoverable card image of transforming cards require an overhaul as well? Thought this topic was close enough to not create a new thread. Thanks. Any transforming card on tapped out would show a clear example of what I mean if it isn't clear already.
B O V I N E

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

BOVINE wrote:
4 years ago
Would adding "flip" as a hoverable card image of transforming cards require an overhaul as well?
My brain's churning on this one.
I don't think we could realistically do a flip with the autocard hover. Posts are rendered on each view, and trying to pull out every card tag and database query it to see if it has a flip would require massive overhead. Redoing it so that it shows both sides on hover could be possible though, although the autocard would have to be remade differently. Let me think on this some more.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Circling back to op, I will most likely add foils to the mix, but I'm looking at possibly adding other data sources as well, and I'll want to add them all in one swoop. So we're at "probably, just not yet"

Cow31337Killer
Answers: 1
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cow31337Killer » 4 years ago

I just wanted to thank whoever put in a comments section for every card in the database. That's something in gatherer I always miss is the ability to rate and comment on old cards. Thank you!

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

I'm the sole full stack developer, so while you can thank me for that, I'm also responsible for every bug you see too lol

BOVINE
Legendary Creature – Ox

Post by BOVINE » 4 years ago

Cow31337Killer wrote:
4 years ago
I just wanted to thank whoever put in a comments section for every card in the database. That's something in gatherer I always miss is the ability to rate and comment on old cards. Thank you!
I'm there with you Cow. Love that.
B O V I N E

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

xeroxedfool wrote:
4 years ago
I was wondering if it would be possible to include foils in this?
Foil pricing added.
MTGO pricing coming soonishTM

Being able to specify foil on cardtag/deck also coming soonishTM

xeroxedfool

Post by xeroxedfool » 4 years ago

Very nice, thanks for the hard work.
They're both Griffith, get it?

Karren Brady
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Karren Brady » 4 months ago

Which Ceiling Fan Should Be Bought?
There are a few things to consider when purchasing a ceiling fan to ensure you get the one that best suits your requirements. The correct ceiling fan can lower energy costs while keeping your house cool and cozy. Here are some considerations to make when buying a ceiling fan energy efficient.
Size
The ceiling fan energy efficient size you should buy will be determined by the size of the space where it will be put. For the fan to properly cool the area without being overly assertive or underpowered, it is crucial to select the proper size. Here is a general suggestion for choosing the appropriate size fan based on the size of the room:
  • 75 square feet and up to 30 to 36-inch fan
  • from 76 to 144 square feet: fan, 36-42 inches
  • 44 to 52-inch fan, 145 to 225 square feet
  • between 226 and 400 square feet, 52- to 60-inch fan
  • 400 square feet or more: greater than 60-inch fans or multiple fans
It's crucial to remember that these are only basic recommendations, and when selecting a fan size, you should also consider other aspects, such as the ceiling height and the required airflow.
Blade Composition
The fan's look, robustness, and noise level will vary depending on your selected material. Due to their timeless appearance and silent functioning, wooden blades are typically the most preferred option. Metal blades may be noisier than wooden blades, but they may also be more durable and easier to clean. The least expensive alternative, plastic blades, may not be as durable or pleasing as those made of other materials.
✹✹✹ You Might Also Enjoy: Best Reviews Guide On Ceilingfansliving 

Style
There are many types of ceiling fan energy efficient, from traditional to contemporary and everything in between. It's crucial to consider your room's general appearance and atmosphere when selecting a fan style. A fan that doesn't go with your decor might be an eyesore and ruin the look of the room as a whole. Consider these examples of well-liked fashions:
Traditional: These fans have elegant detailing and designs with wood or metal blades.
Contemporary: These fans have simple, clean lines, little embellishments, and sleek, modern designs.
Rustic: With wooden blades and metal accents, these fans have a rough, organic appearance.
Industrial: With metal blades and exposed gear, these fans offer a utilitarian, machine-inspired appearance.
Features
Many functions can be added to great cooling devices to improve their usability and convenience. Popular characteristics to consider include:
Remote control: A remote control lets you change the fan's settings and speed remotely.
Lighting: Some ceiling fan energy efficient have built-in lighting fixtures, allowing you to use only one institution to meet your cooling and lighting demands.
Reversible fan blades: By enabling you to alter the direction of the fan's spinning, reversible fan blades improve air circulation in summer and winter.
Energy efficiency: Look for fans with the ENERGY STAR designation, which signifies that the fan complies with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency energy efficiency standards.
Price

The cost of ceiling fans can range greatly, from less than $50 to more than $300. The fan's size, materials, style, and features will all affect how much you have to pay. While choosing the most affordable fan may be tempting, it's vital to remember that a more expensive fan might provide superior performance, durability, and energy economy over time.
Conclusion
To ensure you get the best ceiling fan energy efficient for your needs, it's crucial to consider variables like size, blade material, style, functions, and pricing when buying. You can stay cool and cozy in your house while adding flair and practicality with the appropriate ceiling fan.
Source: Ceiling Fans Living
Last edited by Karren Brady 3 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 4 months ago

@Feyd_Ruin just piggy backing a similar thread on card database but for some reason I can't get the card tagging to work for Market Gnome. When I use the card tag and start typing it, it finds the card and auto fills but it won't pull up the card when I then mouse over it. It seems really odd as I can also find the card in the database and it has card art and everything.

cards/lost-caverns-of-ixalan/88979-market-gnome

EDIT: It looks to be working now in case someone else fiddled with it or if I was just experiencing a glitch before.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community”