Plans on advertising?

Lights_A5
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Lights_A5 » 4 years ago

I really love what was built here. I really do.

But man there just aren't that many people here yet. You had that explosion after posting on Reddit Thursday but after that there's been nothing. This place lives or dies on people coming. How do you propose to advertise this place? Youtube channels? Sponsorships? Is there money to do this?

You got a few people from MTGS over here, but I hope that you were not reliant on just that. I get that it's early... I just hope you have plans on attracting more people. There is a lot of really cool stuff here and I want this place to make it.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 4 years ago

If you build it
they will come.

:halo:
Really though, I'm mainly focusing on building the site that I feel the community wants/needs/deserves. I have confidence that as I continue to strive to improve and add and create the site that helps the community at large, our growth will be inevitable. We may need to look into advertising down the road, just to let people know we're here and what not, but I'm fine with the start being a little slower. I can better address all of the concerns of the users and community, and really get feedback and be able to take the time to really listen and adjust things the way they need to be.

Our official grand opening was six days ago and we now have right at 700 users. That's fine, and I hope it continues to grow, but we don't need it to explode. MTGNexus isn't a business, and I hope it never starts to feel like one. I mean sure, there are business aspects, and we have costs that demand a revenue stream, but the business aspects are absolutely secondary to what we want to do. The site as it exists is but a fraction of the vision we have. I haven't gone into details about those plans because previous sites were known for promising things that either never came or arrived extremely late. As the sole developer, I can't promise when things will be built, and thus don't want to offer a false sense of where we will be soon. I can only say that I will never stop building toward the vision we have.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Lights_A5

Post by Lights_A5 » 4 years ago

Oh I understand that. I'm not saying it should be a business. But, we need people for there to be messages on a message board. We need to tell people we exist, this community exists, and that it is a great place to hang out and talk about Magic.

I enjoy message boards because it seems like there is a lot more personality and I was really big into the WotC message boards before it was completely ruined. I just really hope this place doesn't turn out to be a failure to launch sort of deal.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

Reporting that the modern section of the forum is reasonably active. :)
800+ posts in the State of modern thread in approximately a month.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

AvertaMusil
Pronoun: she / her

Post by AvertaMusil » 1 year ago

It's a bit late but I can recommend another option. It is to invest in online advertising through Google Ads or Facebook Ads to reach a wider audience. You could also look into sponsorships or partnerships with other websites, communities, or forums to increase visibility. My personal recommendation for increasing online visibility is using a foundation backlink service. It can help improve your website's search engine ranking by providing high-quality backlinks. It it definitely worth considering if you want to drive more traffic to this forum. In any case, I think this forum has a lot of potentials and I hope it continues to grow.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community”