New emojis are kinda hard to differentiate

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional
Pronoun: he / him

Post by DirkGently » 2 years ago

The new emojis are cute and all, but I basically have to hover over every single one of them to figure out what it actually is. A lot of the features just aren't really visible inline with text. There are a few that are decent, like the ROFL, smirk, and wink since they have pretty large features, but a lot of them are really hard to tell apart. OMG's eyes are basically invisible, teach is just too complicated to identify at all, etc.

Also this is just personal preference but ime the tongue-out emoji is generally synonymous with good-natured joking, but it looks kinda hostile to me.
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

WizardMN
Answers: 124

Post by WizardMN » 2 years ago

I agree with this. I have been having a hell of a time trying to use them because I just cannot tell what each one is supposed to be. Though, I thought it was due to my setup being slightly different than most so I have just been sort of dealing with it by hovering over them the same way Dirk mentioned.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 2 years ago

Hmm. I was hoping they'd become more recognizable as we got used to them. But they are a bit too unclear.
I'll take another shot at them; I just want something that can look good when scaled up as well.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 2 years ago

Tbh I too prefer the old ones. Just look at these classics, they don't need any dolling up. :oldpokerface: :oldpokerface: :oldpokerface: :chairhit: :oldpokerface: :oldsneaky: :chairhit: :chairhit:
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Went back to a more classical designs:

:) :grin: :P :laughing: ;) :o :smirk: :unamused: :\ :( :pensive: :? :mad: :fuming: :madhot: :cussing: :x :cold: :anxious: :drool: :please: :omg: :love: :money: 8-) :nerd: :hmm: :cry: :angel: :poop: :shhh: :party: :thinking: :S :burnt: :teach: :dizzy: :woozy: :crazy: :explode: :sleepy: :sick: :evil: :zombie: :skull:

Better?
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

See that's what I, personally, would want: almost-cursedly hi-res versions of some of the MTGS classics.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 2 years ago

Great work, love the new ones! Much, much brighter and visually appealing!
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

WizardMN

Post by WizardMN » 2 years ago

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
2 years ago
Went back to a more classical designs:
:) :( :pensive: :? :mad: :fuming: :madhot: :cussing: :x :anxious: :drool: :grin: :please: :omg: :love: :cool: :nerd: :hmm: :cry: :halo: :poop: :shhh: :P :party: :thinking: :S :burnt: :teach: :dizzy: :woozy: :crazy: :explode: :sleepy: :laughing: :sick: ;) :o :smirk: :unamused: :\

Better?
If there is one thing Magic players complain about, it is change :P These look much better than the others ones. And, I am not sure if you changed anything with their size, but for me they are easier to make out.

I do have one other comment though: If I click on "Show More" I see there are two pages of emojis but the second page only has 5 on it where those seem like they could easily fit on the last line of the first page. Perhaps because they are different sizes is why they are on the second page? A couple are quite large.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

WizardMN wrote:
2 years ago
I am not sure if you changed anything with their size, but for me they are easier to make out.
They are different. I was going between these and the Yolks. The Yolk set is beautiful, but they just don't shrink well. Our current ones aren't as fancy, but they shrink well and are more discernable.
WizardMN wrote:
2 years ago
I do have one other comment though: If I click on "Show More" I see there are two pages of emojis but the second page only has 5 on it where those seem like they could easily fit on the last line of the first page. Perhaps because they are different sizes is why they are on the second page? A couple are quite large.
It's 50 per page. I haven't finished adding, but there will most likely be 50 "normal" emojis, and then you'll have animated / large on the second page. As well as alternate :codes: that allow some leeway ( :hmm: vs :hmmm: or :) vs :smile:)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community”