Bugs & Feedback for Custom Card & Set Creator

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 3 years ago

Herein, please give any feedback, feature requests, or bugs for the Custom Card & Set Creator.

Of note, there are a few things not yet implemented. Several frames still need to be finished. Modal DFC is coming soon, but most others are on the backburner for later. Token frame, borderless, host/augment, flip cards, etc. They're all a tentative "yes" for adding these, but not right away.

Silver Border is also on the "hopefully soon" list. When this is added, we'll probably add Gold Border as well.

But otherwise, we'd love to hear feedback, suggestions, requests, etc.
:)
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 3 years ago

With one Bug fixed, on to the next: If a Set's name is changed, it is not updated for all purposes.

Example:
Founding of Novem was created with the default "Unnamed" set name. I later changed it to its current name. When editing the "Lore" or "Info" of the set (e. g. here), the header still says "SET: Unnamed" disregarding the change.

The bug also got reproduced when I accidentally created a set twice.

---

The workflow is a bit cumbersome for sets. if I see a typo on a lore page, I have to - as far as I can tell: leave the set; click "edit set"; click myself through to the third page; click "edit Info" there.

Suggestion:
Add an Edit button to the Lore & Info tab (like the red one that cards & cycles have) to directly access the edit page.

---

Another workflow issue: Card creation workflow also has too many pages. Especially the final step (adjusting text size etc.) is one I'd often skip without a second look.

Suggestion:
Have a "Finalize Card" button that skips that step.

---

Another workflow issue is that creating cycles currently is complicated because of the many steps that go into making a card. Since cards that are so similar should not require e. g. retyping the typeline every time.

Suggestion:
On a card's site options not just to "Create New Card", but to "Duplicate Card" or "Created Similar Card" that causes a new card to be created with the same frame options and all fields filled with the same text, so only small changes need to be made.

---

Really glad to have this now as-is already. : )

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 3 years ago

Replicated this bug few times.
During adjusting card data pressing or typing {0} in mana cost does not make it appear. Likewise, render does not display mana cost . Using {0} in card text appears to be working with no problem, however.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
3 years ago
Suggestion:
Add an Edit button to the Lore & Info tab (like the red one that cards & cycles have) to directly access the edit page.
At the top left of the set title, if it's your set, you have the edit button just like on cards. There's a quick link to edit the set, lore, info, as well as adding a new card to it.
That button got hidden, but I fixed it.
SecretInfiltrator wrote:
3 years ago
Founding of Novem was created with the default "Unnamed" set name. I later changed it to its current name. When editing the "Lore" or "Info" of the set (e. g. here), the header still says "SET: Unnamed" disregarding the change.
I need to look into editing thread titles on the update.
Might be easy, might be convoluted.
I might just end up titling it your set number instead of name, so it never has to change.
Suggestion:
Have a "Finalize Card" button that skips that step.
In order to have full control over it, such as with odd cards or some custom creation that requires it, that has to be done on the user side. I could perhaps add a different button that says "go with the default" which would automatically submit it, but you'd still need to see that page for a minute so the front end can render it.
Suggestion:
On a card's site options not just to "Create New Card", but to "Duplicate Card" or "Created Similar Card" that causes a new card to be created with the same frame options and all fields filled with the same text, so only small changes need to be made.
"Duplicate card" sounds like a good idea.
I'll add it to the short list
Really glad to have this now as-is already. : )
:love:
Lorn Asbord Schutta wrote:
3 years ago
Replicated this bug few times.
During adjusting card data pressing or typing {0} in mana cost does not make it appear. Likewise, render does not display mana cost . Using {0} in card text appears to be working with no problem, however.
Fixed!
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

SecretInfiltrator

Bug:

The "Copy Mini-URL"-Feature on the page for a card cycle copies a mini URL that links to the card with the same ID as the cycle rather than to the cycle e. g.:

Clicking the button in question here copies the text http://nxs.wf/ccc1023 to the clipboard, which leads here.

Suggestion:

User's Random Cards are currently not linked or shown in any public place (maybe they are private and since set options cannot be changed they remain private?) and as far as I can tell there is no option to just look up all card sets (including random cards) of a user. I wouldn't mind being able to showcase my cards like that without any trickery/extra work e. g. just creating a cycle that contains all my cards.

Feature:

This is a big one and I'm curious, whether the way you have set this up even allows for this. Can there be collaborative sets where a creator gives editing privileges to collaborators? There is no pressing immediate need IMO, but I can see uses of such a feature and wonder about the limitations of the system in that regard.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
3 years ago
The "Copy Mini-URL"-Feature on the page for a card cycle copies a mini URL that links to the card with the same ID as the cycle rather than to the cycle e. g.:
Fixed.
Silly typos.
SecretInfiltrator wrote:
3 years ago
User's Random Cards are currently not linked or shown in any public place (maybe they are private and since set options cannot be changed they remain private?) and as far as I can tell there is no option to just look up all card sets (including random cards) of a user. I wouldn't mind being able to showcase my cards like that without any trickery/extra work e. g. just creating a cycle that contains all my cards.
Are you meaning the set or the individual cards themselves? The cards appear on the CCC main page, searches, etc, as long as they aren't set as private. For sets, that gets a little trickier, since everyone gets a Random set. It's general intention is for "I just want to create this card, not attached to a set" and thus the card is out there like the others, but you have to navigate to or getting linked to the set to browse it specifically. Advertising random sets on the main CCC frontpage seems.. odd? Feel free to elaborate or make other suggestions, etc. I'm fully open to ideas.
SecretInfiltrator wrote:
3 years ago
This is a big one and I'm curious, whether the way you have set this up even allows for this. Can there be collaborative sets where a creator gives editing privileges to collaborators? There is no pressing immediate need IMO, but I can see uses of such a feature and wonder about the limitations of the system in that regard.
This could be implemented.
There'd still be a singular "owner" — which is fine, since you need one person who controls who else has access, etc. The set "admin" if you will. There's already some additional checks about being able to edit cards/sets/etc, since the CCC admins have to be able to edit/delete — so there's a spot for adding a new check anyways. Adding a new system for co-owners is there, and a great idea.

I'm currently getting ready to move, as well as a plethora of other things, so I'm going to add Co-Owners to the short list of features, but I can't promise how quickly I can add that.

SecretInfiltrator

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
3 years ago
Are you meaning the set or the individual cards themselves? The cards appear on the CCC main page, searches, etc, as long as they aren't set as private. For sets, that gets a little trickier, since everyone gets a Random set. It's general intention is for "I just want to create this card, not attached to a set" and thus the card is out there like the others, but you have to navigate to or getting linked to the set to browse it specifically. Advertising random sets on the main CCC frontpage seems.. odd? Feel free to elaborate or make other suggestions, etc. I'm fully open to ideas.
I noticed that I can actually find a user's Random set by finding a card by that user since the set is linked from the card, but that's quite unreliable considering.

Maybe just a "Show all public sets by user" option would be enough? Or a specific "Random sets sorted by most recently changed" at the bottom of the set filter options on the front page?

Maybe it's my personal bias, but it seems weird that Random sets are the only "hidden" sets that are not either "public" or "private". I just feel it encourages collaboration to be able to review each others "uncooked ideas".

Feature/Suggestion:
On the topic of "finding card" I checked out the search function today, and I have a hard time to manage the first search that popped into my head. I wanted to see all cards that are white-blue and no other color. Maybe the Colors section needs "Match exactly the Selected Colors" mode?

That would be a filter that applies both "Match all Selected Colors" and "Limited to Only Selected Colors". Maybe that's possible already and I missed it...

Feature/Suggestion:
Filtering search results by set or user would be helpful e. g. to get an overview over how a mechanic is used, or to find that one card you made three months ago.

SecretInfiltrator

Neither the [ccc]-tag nor the [ccimg]-tag seem to work properly right now.:

Any https://www.mtgnexus.com/autocard/ccc/#### seems to result in 404.

The space for the image is reserved, but nothing is shown.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

gah. there was a bug in the new autocard. everything worked, but it had a random 404 tacked on to it for CCC.

Fixed >_<
Apologies.

Jace, Tiny Sculptor

caulkwrangler
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by caulkwrangler » 3 years ago

The q symbol shows up fine while editing the card, but renders as a black blob.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

caulkwrangler wrote:
3 years ago
The q symbol shows up fine while editing the card, but renders as a black blob.
Fixed!
Apologies.

SecretInfiltrator

Is there an option to get notified about comments on cards/sets/cycles? I just found out I got a comment by chance and thought it would be a nice feature.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

That's something that should definitely happen (automatically).
Looking into it.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
3 years ago
Is there an option to get notified about comments on cards/sets/cycles? I just found out I got a comment by chance and thought it would be a nice feature.
Fixed for all sets/cycles/cards going forward.
You'll be automatically subscribed to the comment topics for your CCC creations.

It's not retroactive though. :(

SecretInfiltrator

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
3 years ago
Fixed for all sets/cycles/cards going forward.
You'll be automatically subscribed to the comment topics for your CCC creations.

It's not retroactive though. :(
How do I do it manually?

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
3 years ago
How do I do it manually?
At the top right of the commentary listing (even for cards/etc without any existing comments), there is a Subscribe link now. It'll ask for confirmation, but then you'll be subscribed. Apologies for the trouble.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
3 years ago
Can there be collaborative sets where a creator gives editing privileges to collaborators?
This function has been added.
On your set's homepage, in the top left gear icon, there is now a Collab button where you can give other users access to your set.
There are 4 access levels:
  1. Ability to add cards only.
  2. Can Add and Edit cards
  3. Add, Edit, and Delete Cards
  4. Add, Edit, Delete Cards as well as edit the set itself.
Only the set owner can control access levels.
Admins and CCC Mods still have unlimited access for moderation and support purposes.

The ability to edit a card or set's info & lore is still tied only to their owner, since it uses the forum post system.

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 1 month ago

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
3 years ago
Of note, there are a few things not yet implemented. Several frames still need to be finished. Modal DFC is coming soon, but most others are on the backburner for later. Token frame, borderless, host/augment, flip cards, etc. They're all a tentative "yes" for adding these, but not right away.
Happy Friday, Feyd_Ruin. I was looking to create some adventure cards today and I noticed that there doesn't seem to be an adventure card frame. Is that one of the frames still on the backburner?

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 1 month ago

Guardman wrote:
1 month ago
Feyd_Ruin wrote:
3 years ago
Happy Friday, Feyd_Ruin. I was looking to create some adventure cards today and I noticed that there doesn't seem to be an adventure card frame. Is that one of the frames still on the backburner?
it is top of the queue. I just want to finish v2 before I dive back into CCC frames. If I don't stay on task it'll just keep getting pushed back.

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 1 month ago

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
1 month ago
Guardman wrote:
1 month ago
Feyd_Ruin wrote:
3 years ago
it is top of the queue. I just want to finish v2 before I dive back into CCC frames. If I don't stay on task it'll just keep getting pushed back.
Thanks Feyd_Ruin. No worries. I just wanted to confirm that I wasn't missing something.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community”