Decklist Prices

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 3 years ago

Random thought but if you make a deck it generally pulls the most recent version of a card. In some cases the most recent version is some glorified super expensive exclusive it might throw the decklist off. I couldn't actually get the auto card to give me most of the test samples I tried to get but I did notice one offhand.

Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

The auto version for it is a promo that runs about $10 where as the card can be bought for like $1 or 2 if you get other versions. Given how narrowly this came up because it seems like a lot of the promo arts are not the default art I don't know how relevant it is but I did see this. It might be worth it to find a way for promo versions to not be the default version on this front or maybe a button to get cheapest version or something in pricing. I don't really know just food for thought. I could see it going a few different ways because if someone does own the sweet alt version they might want to show it with the card version selection but if you are viewing someone else's list you might still want to see how cheaply you could build it without blinging things out.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 3 years ago

I forgot to mark the newer promos in SLD as "don't autocard" so that they won't ever be chosen by default.
Fixed. Also ran the normal "no promos please" automated script that gets most of these special cards.

Unfortunately, Pithing Needle is cached on your end for the moment, and it takes a few hours to update.
You can CTRL+F5 on this page for it to autocard correctly, but the higher price might still show up for a bit for you.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 3 years ago

I'm not sure if there is a way to default basic lands to $0.00 in the price chart, but for example Islands are pulling a Jumpstart Island, which is way more expensive than a regular dime a dozen Island.
Island
Approximate Total Cost:

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Fixed all basic lands from jump start as well
(again, give it some time to update for you)
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

MeowZeDung
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by MeowZeDung » 3 years ago

A similar issue, or perhaps I just don't understand how the pricing updates work, but Haakon, Stromgald Scourge recently got a reprint and is under a buck on several sites, but the Nexus listing still shows it at $13.55. I feel like I've seen this before with other cards too. Are mystery booster printings not being factored in?
Kykar primer and other active decks (click!)

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

MeowZeDung wrote:
3 years ago
A similar issue, or perhaps I just don't understand how the pricing updates work, but Haakon, Stromgald Scourge recently got a reprint and is under a buck on several sites, but the Nexus listing still shows it at $13.55. I feel like I've seen this before with other cards too. Are mystery booster printings not being factored in?
hmm. mystery boosters were turned off completely, which shouldn't be the case.
Turned them back on, I'll see which automated thing is turning them off.

Apologies for the delayed response.

MeowZeDung
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by MeowZeDung » 3 years ago

I've noticed this cropping up again with m21 and double masters promos and lands:
Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

Not the biggest deal, but it would be nice for the default to be the most affordable version.
Kykar primer and other active decks (click!)

WizardMN
Answers: 124

Post by WizardMN » 3 years ago

MeowZeDung wrote:
3 years ago
Not the biggest deal, but it would be nice for the default to be the most affordable version.
I would agree with this if this is a possibility. I put together a deck list and it shows Sensei's Divining Top as being $50.36. Which is correct for the Eternal Masters printing but the Kamigawa printing is "only' $38.79. I happened to notice it because the list isn't supposed to have cards above $50 in it.

Also, should this be in the Community Software Feedback and Bug Reports Forum? I had a heck of a time finding this thread again because I was looking one layer too deep expecting this to be there. Though, I see a lot of threads there that are similar in nature to this one. Is there a certain organization we should adhere too between the Community Forum and the Feedback/Bug Reports forum?

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Give me a bit to run it through my head.
I'm thinking I need a daily script that runs through each card to pick out the best version.
Paper, nonfoil printing if possible, lowest price that's not $0 (for new unpriced cards & oddballs).

Either way, I agree that current methodology is missing a lot of corner cases and needs revisiting.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community”