Quick reply not having tags makes it way less useful

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional
Pronoun: he / him

Post by DirkGently » 4 years ago

Topic. mtgsally had all the normal card/deck/etc tags, which made it a lot more useful imo. I'm not sure what the reason would be for not having them. This is a mtg discussion site, rare is the post where I don't want to mention at least one card. And if I want to link it, I have to literally type out the whole tag, which is pretty tedious.

Especially annoying since there isn't really an alternative (afaik) when you just want to reply to the topic in general, and not a specific post. So if I want tags I have to just pick some random post to reply to, delete the quote, and then say what I want to say.

On a similar topic, I don't like that I can only reply (in a way that notifies the poster I'm replying to) with a quote. Especially if it's a 1v1 conversation, I'd like them to be aware that I replied, but quoting the post directly above me is kind of redundant. Usually I quote, and then delete the whole quote. Seems kinda silly.
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 4 years ago

I'll look into finding a way to give you the icon bar on the quick reply.

But you don't have to quote to get to the full editor. At the top and bottom there is a "Post Reply" button that takes you to the actual reply/post page, and right below the quick reply is a button that says "Full Editor & Preview" which will also take you to the full page.
Screenshot_20200128-072810.jpg
That said, putting the buttons on the quick reply (probably behind a "click to show" button) has been on the list; I'll see if I can work it out sooner.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 4 years ago

ah ok, that's good to know. I think I glance over it because my brain thinks it must mean something else, since "reply" is the thing right above it. Still wish there was a reply to post that didn't quote, though. For me personally I think my preference would be to have a fully-functional quick reply, with a quote or non-quote reply, and a multi-quote reply. (Which I think is how sally worked?)

I've also never used the previous/next topic buttons, those are super weird. Can't decide if they're useful or not, but maybe I'll try to work them into my use patterns.
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

The only real difference in replies/quote/multiquote is that we don't have the "non-quote reply"
Instead, we have a user tag system. This is more versatile because you can tag someone not in the thread as well as tag more than one user in your reply.

You can tag anyone with @DirkGently

I don't use previous/next either, but it has always been a highly requested thing, so I made sure we had it from the start.

But yeah, I'll bump the "toolbar on quick reply" up the list
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Quick reply now has full buttons and smilies.
I've made a few other changes to make things smoother now.
Main thing of note: If you click quote on a button, it'll push you to the quick reply with the quote instead of a new page.
One less page refresh. ^_^

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 4 years ago

Feyd_Ruin wrote: Quick reply now has full buttons and smilies.
I've made a few other changes to make things smoother now.
Main thing of note: If you click quote on a button, it'll push you to the quick reply with the quote instead of a new page.
One less page refresh. ^_^
Awesome thank you!
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

The quotes were being very buggy, so I've disabled this for now.
Going to try to find a better solution, please bare with me

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community”