Could Custom Cards Contests & Games do with a daily competition subforum?

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 3 years ago

This concerns the Custom Card Contests & Games subforum. I'm not sure where to post this topic exactly.
Cc @void_nothing since he's a custom cards mod.

Basically, the daily competitions (currently only DCC and New Challenge Every Day) consume a lot of topic slots. We have 25 topics per page, and page 1 is the main one people look at, and some people might visit page 2 or even page 3.

At current, on page 1, there are 4-5 pins at any given time, leaving 20-21 topic slots left for ordinary topic churn. Of those, the daily DCC / NCED threads together take up 8 topic slots on page 1.
On page 2, out of 25 topic slots, they take up 16.
On page 3, out of 25 topic slots, they take up 20.
On page 4 they take up 7 because someone's been doing cleanup. : )

Basically of 70-71 topic slots in the first 3 pages, those two daily competitions take up 44 slots—over half, about 60%. The amount of churn these topics produce push things back pretty fast through the pages—even 1½ weeks of inactivity lands you back on page 3.

Should we have a subforum for daily games, so their churn is localised?
Last edited by spacemonaut 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 3 years ago

I defer to @void_nothing's judgement, as he knows his area best.
(Just let me know void)
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Hey, sorry I'm just seeing this - As long as people aren't too intimidated by the sub-sub-forums of CCC, I'm all for this. More fine-toothed organization is generally better organization, and spacemo is right about the level of churn. I would want to finish out the month of May as-is though and smoothly transition into posting in the new sub come June.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community”