Collection Tracker - Open Beta - Feedback

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 4 years ago

RabidVacin wrote:
4 years ago
I was adding Mystery Booster cards to the Collection Tracker and I think Rescue from the Underworld is missing.
The Foils were missing because I didn't catch that they are actually in another set. (Mystery Booster Retail Edition Foils)
Added:
cards/mystery-booster-retail-edition-fo ... underworld
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

WizardMN
Answers: 124

Post by WizardMN » 4 years ago

Is there a way (or a plan to make a way) to only display cards we have in our collection? And, in that vein, could there be a way to display our entire collection at once instead of having to go into each set? For example, I just want to go through my entire collection and see what I have but I don't want to go to each set or binder to do it. And then having them all displayed alphabetically rather than by collector number would be nice. I don't see a way to see this now which means I need to go into each binder/set to see what I have and still pore through all the cards I don't have as well.

Preferably it would show foil and nonfoil on the same line, similar to how the card entry form looks. And would allow for modifications to the collection in that screen to make it easier to remove things all at once.

Hopefully that makes sense and isn't too hard to do.

I am finally getting back around to importing my collection and, for the most part, the MTG Studio import worked. I still have a list of 680 cards that didn't import but most are tokens, Oversized cards, emblems, and various promos that the set name doesn't match. Still better to import the ones I can manually from that list than trying to do all 2600 lines manually :)

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

@WizardMN that's a very nice idea.
I'll add it to the short list for when I swing back around to collections/market watch.
(I'm still in the middle of doing one project, taking a couple weeks break to make a new tool that's needed. But after all that, Collections is the main agenda.)
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

WizardMN

Thanks! No rush of course.

I am still in the middle of manually adding to my collection and I found a really weird bug. If I try to import this file (MTG Studio format):

Name,Edition,Qty,Foil
Command Tower,CMA,1,Yes

It doesn't work. Now, it shouldn't add the card to my collection (since the Set should be "CM1") which is fine. But, it also does not show up as a problem in the Debug screen. That means that the program doesn't actually tell me it can't import it. And this is the only one with the problem so far, Chaos Warp and Sylvan Library told me they couldn't be found so I knew to import them manually. But this card, for whatever reason, doesn't tell me it had a problem.

I am not sure why but, maybe more importantly, I also don't know if anything else was skipped. I only caught this because my Judge foils couldn't be imported and I happened to catch it.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

It should have added the CMA Tower (and thus not given you an error, since there wasn't one)
CMA is Anthology, CM1 is Arsenal, and Command Tower is in both:

If MTGStudio has gotten CMA/CM1 mixed up.. that's.. fairly problematic when trying to import from them. :omg:

WizardMN

No, it is my own program trying to convert Magic Album to a MTG Studio format so nothing on their side. I just set the Commander's Arsenal cards to CMA because I didn't realize how Scryfall was doing it.

But, your comment still leads to the correct answer. The problem actually then seems to stem from the idea that the import process isn't validating Foil vs Nonfoil. So, in the case above, I am trying to import a Foil CMA version of Command Tower. Which doesn't exist but the import process doesn't tell me that. I also tried importing a Foil version of Taiga which also didn't error.

Is there a way to get these to error when trying to import a Foil version of a Nonfoil-only card (or vice versa)?

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Cards are marked as "has foil" or not, but it doesn't currently enforce this during an import.
Definitely something I should add.

WizardMN

A few other things:

The following Judge foils are missing. These are:

Sliver Legion
Isolated Watchtower
Monastery Mentor
Reflecting Pool
Chalice of the Void
Yuriko, the Tiger's Shadow

Also, the Sol Ring MagicFest promo seems to be missing.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

All added!

WizardMN

Thanks for the super quick turnaround. However, it looks like Monastery Mentor was added as Nonfoil only, rather than the other way around.

WizardMN

Sorry to keep piling on, and I realize things are still in beta, but I was messing around with the Export features just to see how well they worked. And here is what I found for each one (some I couldn't do, like MTGGoldfish, since I need to pay to import files):

Deckbox
When trying to import, I got an error on line 437 (in my file) which is:
1,0,"Kongming, \"Sleeping Dragon\"",Masters 25,0,Near Mint,English,foil,,,,,,,

It appears that it doesn't like the quotes for this card and won't import it like that. From what I can tell, based on exporting this card from their platform and then importing it again, you don't need to escape the quotes. You can just double them up. This line works fine:

1,0,"Kongming, ""Sleeping Dragon""",Masters 25,20,Near Mint,English,,,,,,,,

I then didn't get the error about cards but then it complained about the headers being wrong for some reason. It said it couldn't recognize "Count" has a header name. Which I think is more on their side than yours but if I copy everything but the header into a file exported from their system, it works fine. Just kind of weird.

Also, they have Theros as "Theros Beyond Death" rather than "Theros: Beyond Death" (notice the colon) that you export as. There were other set name issues but I didn't go through the rest.

Deckstats
The importer does not recognize the following sets:
MP2
GVL
DKM

Also, there seems to be a pretty major bug in that everything, including foils, use the nonfoil count. So, my Academy Rector was outputed as 6 nonfoils (correct) and 6 foils (incorrect). It should have been 1 foil. And anything without a nonfoil copy gets outputed with a count of 0, such as my Snuff Out and Haunted Crossroads. Which means about 3/4s of my collection didn't import at all.

Decked Builder
This one is kind of weird in that it requires the use of a CSV converter that they provide. This gets the CSV file into a Coll2 file. However, their format doesn't match yours. Yours uses these columns:

Total Qty,Reg Qty,Foil Qty,Card,Set,Mana Cost,Card Type,Color,Rarity,Mvid,Single Price,Single Foil Price,Total Price,Price Source,Notes

But their system appears to just look for these 4:

Set,Card,Regular,Foil

Which means I can't find a way to import your exported CSV into their site.

MTG Manager
It doesn't appear that there is even an import feature so I couldn't test it.

MTG Stocks
"Mystery Booster Retail Edition Foils" should be "Mystery Booster: Retail Exclusives".
All Judge promos should just be "Judge Promos"
"Secret Lair Promos" should be "Secret Lair Drop Series"
"Limited Edition Beta" should be "Beta Edition"

There were a bunch of other errors as well with sets, but I got tired of updating everything. Their import process makes me glad yours actually imports and then just spits out a list of "bad" records instead of making me correct everything on screen. It is tedious.

MTG Studio
The file export format appears to have the opposite issue of Decked Builder. In this case, your export only has 4 columns:

Name,Edition,Qty,Foil

But MTG Studio's import requires 7 columns:

Name,Set,Qty,Foil,Price,Condition,Notes

Pucatrade
For the most part, this worked pretty well. It did say it couldn't import the following but I didn't go into more detail as to why:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
nullx Plains foil Near Mint English Theros: Beyond Death
nullx Island foil Near Mint English Theros: Beyond Death
nullx Swamp foil Near Mint English Theros: Beyond Death
nullx Mountain foil Near Mint English Theros: Beyond Death
nullx Forest foil Near Mint English Theros: Beyond Death
nullx Nightmare Moon foil Near Mint English Ponies: The Galloping
nullx Princess Twilight Sparkle foil Near Mint English Ponies: The Galloping
nullx Rarity foil Near Mint English Ponies: The Galloping
nullx Kenrith, the Returned King foil Near Mint English Throne of Eldraine
nullx Swamp foil Near Mint English War of the Spark
nullx Incubation foil Near Mint English Ravnica Allegiance
nullx Rakdos Guildgate foil Near Mint English Ravnica Allegiance
nullx Expansion foil Near Mint English Guilds of Ravnica
nullx Invert foil Near Mint English Guilds of Ravnica
nullx Dimir Guildgate foil Near Mint English Guilds of Ravnica
nullx Selesnya Guildgate foil Near Mint English Guilds of Ravnica
nullx Plains foil Near Mint English Dominaria
nullx Firesong and Sunspeaker foil Near Mint English Dominaria
nullx Kongming, \Sleeping Dragon\ foil Near Mint English Masters 25
nullx Beast in Show foil Near Mint English Unstable
nullx Secret Base foil Near Mint English Unstable
nullx Amateur Auteur foil Near Mint English Unstable
nullx \Rumors of My Death . . .\ foil Near Mint English Unstable
nullx Target Minotaur foil Near Mint English Unstable
nullx Island foil Near Mint English Hour of Devastation
nullx Swamp foil Near Mint English Hour of Devastation
nullx Dusk foil Near Mint English Amonkhet
nullx Commit foil Near Mint English Amonkhet
nullx Atraxa, Praetors' Voice foil Near Mint English Commander 2016
nullx Plains foil Near Mint English Kaladesh
nullx Island foil Near Mint English Kaladesh
nullx Mountain foil Near Mint English Kaladesh
nullx Forest foil Near Mint English Kaladesh
nullx Plains foil Near Mint English Shadows over Innistrad
nullx Island foil Near Mint English Shadows over Innistrad
nullx Wastes Near Mint English Oath of the Gatewatch
nullx Wastes foil Near Mint English Oath of the Gatewatch
nullx Swamp foil Near Mint English Battle for Zendikar
nullx Plains foil Near Mint English Magic Origins
nullx Turn foil Near Mint English Dragon's Maze
nullx Wear foil Near Mint English Dragon's Maze
nullx Swamp foil Near Mint English Return to Ravnica
nullx Plains foil Near Mint English Avacyn Restored
nullx Plains foil Near Mint English Ravnica: City of Guilds
nullx Island foil Near Mint English Ravnica: City of Guilds
nullx Mountain foil Near Mint English Ninth Edition
nullx Forest foil Near Mint English Onslaught
nullx Mountain foil Near Mint English Odyssey
nullx Forest foil Near Mint English Seventh Edition
nullx Island foil Near Mint English Seventh Edition
nullx Plains foil Near Mint English Seventh Edition
nullx Swamp foil Near Mint English Seventh Edition
nullx Plains foil Near Mint English Invasion
nullx Island foil Near Mint English Invasion
nullx Swamp foil Near Mint English Invasion
nullx Urza's Mine Near Mint English Antiquities
nullx Urza's Power Plant Near Mint English Antiquities
nullx Urza's Tower Near Mint English Antiquities
TCGPlayer
I couldn't figure out to import the collection.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

If we actually had money, I'd pay you for all your feedback.
Most of these would require a deep dive to fix, so not something I can do a quick turnaround on. It's especially odd to me that the import is different from the export on some of these. I mimic'd their export so you could use it for anything their export works for, but I guess I'll have to add "export like ___" and "export for ___" for each of these.

WizardMN

WizardMN wrote:
4 years ago
Thanks for the super quick turnaround. However, it looks like Monastery Mentor was added as Nonfoil only, rather than the other way around.
@Feyd_Ruin
I know you are still busy with other things, but I just wanted to make sure this wasn't missed. It is the only card I can't add to my collection :)

RabidVacin
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RabidVacin » 3 years ago

When I do a search in the collection tracker for The Birth of Meletis, I'm not getting any results.
That card is bad and you should feel bad for playing it.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 3 years ago

WizardMN wrote:
4 years ago
WizardMN wrote:
4 years ago
Feyd_Ruin
I know you are still busy with other things, but I just wanted to make sure this wasn't missed. It is the only card I can't add to my collection :)
omg, I'm so sorry, I don't know how I didn't see this with the @
I guess it got buried in other notifications? :(
I fixed it, but yeah, I'm super late, sorry.
RabidVacin wrote:
3 years ago
When I do a search in the collection tracker for The Birth of Meletis, I'm not getting any results.
Fixed.
We typo'd the name :crazy:

Ginuqu
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Ginuqu » 3 years ago

I've been slowly adding my collection to the tracker and enjoying it in some ways! I have a few minor requests, a simple one first: could you add a clickable link to mtgnexus.com/cards on the tracker page? I think it has a better layout for finding a particular set than the drop-down menu offers.

Secondly a few built-in queries would be pretty useful, and the main one I'm thinking of is this: retrieve a list of cards which you own in any edition but have set as wanted in another edition. useful for me to make sure I'm not accidentally seeking cards I already have access to! thanks for making this great utility.
sorta mad at magic right now

MeowZeDung

Post by MeowZeDung » 3 years ago

Hey @Feyd_Ruin. I just started experimenting with this tool and I like it. A couple thoughts:

-It would be nice to have a table displaying all your want/need cards in a table at their current price points, even if they aren't at peaks or lows.

- If a card I set as "want" gets a reprint in a new set, will the tool only look at the card's price on the older printing, or will it show the new, less expensive (in theory) printing's price in the various price tracking tables?
Kykar primer and other active decks (click!)

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

MeowZeDung wrote:
3 years ago
- If a card I set as "want" gets a reprint in a new set, will the tool only look at the card's price on the older printing, or will it show the new, less expensive (in theory) printing's price in the various price tracking tables?
Currently, it will only look at that printing, but this is definitely an idea I need to incorporate.
I'm thinking it needs a flag per card, or a toggle for the wants list, since some people will want "this exact version" (promos, etc).

Round 2 on Collection Tracker should start before long. I'm going to be upgrading it in tandem with Market Watch and "SecretProjectX"
(I keep some upcoming projects unnamed since I can't promise they'll be completed soon. )

MeowZeDung

Post by MeowZeDung » 3 years ago

Cool. Understood that folks that want specific art/foils won't want it to switch on them, but penny pinchers like me will be grateful for the option. Just as an example, the 2XM Land Tax is $8 less than the next most recent printing, and being able to see that at a glance with a "wants" table that includes pricing without having to do more busywork on my tracker with each set would be awesome! Appreciate all you do!
Kykar primer and other active decks (click!)

Ginuqu
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Ginuqu » 3 years ago

excited for Round 2 of tracker updates. :3 I'd love to eventually see scryfall-style queries so you can get reports on your own collection - so far the tool is wonderful for tracking the cost of your collection and which sets it's heaviest in, and I find the daily price changes really interesting, but it's not yet useful for building decks. Queries would help make that happen, I think!
sorta mad at magic right now

RabidVacin

When I look up Rupture Spire in the Collection Tracker, I don't see Commander Legends.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

RabidVacin wrote:
3 years ago
When I look up Rupture Spire in the Collection Tracker, I don't see Commander Legends.
Fixed.
Doing a fresh slow pull for anything else that might have been missing.

RabidVacin

I don't see Blood Reckoning for Zendikar Rising.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

RabidVacin wrote:
3 years ago
I don't see Blood Reckoning for Zendikar Rising.
Blood Reckoning was in M13.
I double checked everywhere else; I don't see any listing for it in Zendikar Rising anywhere. No special edition, PW duel, etc.
As far as I can tell, it's in M13 only?

EDIT:
I think you got it confused with Blood Beckoning.
Silly close names.

RabidVacin

Oh geez, I'm getting too old for this game. Thanks for clearing that up!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community”