Collection Tracker - Open Beta - Feedback

RowanKeltizar
Firemind
Pronoun: he / him

Post by RowanKeltizar » 3 years ago

Hi, I really like the concept of this collection tracker.

Is there a way to see all of your collection as a simple list with prices, set codes, etc and a total at the bottom? The binder concept is kind of cool, but I feel like it doesn't work for what I am wanting to do. It's too many clicks to actually see my collection, and for me I want to see my collection as a complete list in one place.

I would love to have some kind of inferfacing capability from a decklist I have listed in the forums to my collection tracker and vice versa. Since I only buy singles, nearly all of my valuable cards are actually in commander decks that I own. Being able to at least import a collection from a decklist here on the forums would be a good functionality. Or to pull from my existing collection when I am putting together a decklist.

It would be really helpful to show the name of the set when you are hovering over the set code on the far left of the "Quick Manage Cards" interface, or show it when you are hovering over the card name. Reason being is that the pictures are very small and i haven't memorized every single set symbol. More often than not, I recognize the set by the name.

I have a small collection of gold stamped art cards, some of which I use as basic lands. I don't see the art cards listed anywhere in the collection tracker. I know they aren't actual cards, but they still have some value, and it would neat to link to them in within a decklist. They could simply be considered a "promo" version of the regular island card and count as lands.

I have some non-collection tracker feedback here as well:
UPDATE: - I think I'm beginning to see the matrix. I just figured out that you can actualy designate a printing by that card's number ID which is listed in that cards URL.

I noticed the set codes for pre-release and promo packs are the same? Is there a way to designate the specific printing when putting together a decklist?

For example, Niv-Mizzet, Parun has 3 printings. Promo pack, pre-release, and the regular printing. The promo pack and pre-release are both "PGRN"

Similarly, I can't seem to designate between the promo version of Thrill of Possibility and the regular version when doing card tags within a decklist. In the collection tracker they both have the set code THB, but the only difference is the red "promo" next to the name of the card. Is there a way to designate the difference with tags?

perhaps my suggestion here would be to add specific tags for borderless, promo pack, pre-release, and whatever that Thrill of Possibility promo is classified as. These tags would work very similar to how the "foil" tags work.

So for example "Rielle, the Everwise|foil|borderless|IKO" would give you the correct printing, rather than typing in the ID number, but that also works pretty well.

And I think it would be neat if the card were a special version of any type that we could get a little DCI shooting star icon next to the card similar to how we have a the foil image icon automatically.
WRBKaalia, Zenith Seeker - Certified Air Raid Material
WBElenda, the Dusk Rose - Drain and Gain
WRAurelia, the Warleader - Tokens/Equipment
URNiv-Mizzet, Parun - Controlled Burn primer
BRGHenzie, "Toolbox" Torre - Creature Feature
BRGSoul of Windgrace - Lands Matter
RGWGishath, Sun's Avatar - I'M YOUR DADDY
GWUBAtraxa, Praetors' Voice - Artifact Stax Beatdown
Budget Starter Decks
UBSygg, River Cutthroat
WU Shorikai, Genesis Engine

MeowZeDung
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by MeowZeDung » 3 years ago

I was messing around a bit with the collection tracker a bit this evening and had some thoughts, came here to post them, but Rowan posted almost my exact thoughts and questions, so I'll just quote and bump:
RowanKeltizar wrote:
3 years ago
Is there a way to see all of your collection as a simple list with prices, set codes, etc and a total at the bottom? The binder concept is kind of cool, but I feel like it doesn't work for what I am wanting to do. It's too many clicks to actually see my collection, and for me I want to see my collection as a complete list in one place.

I would love to have some kind of inferfacing capability from a decklist I have listed in the forums to my collection tracker and vice versa. Since I only buy singles, nearly all of my valuable cards are actually in commander decks that I own. Being able to at least import a collection from a decklist here on the forums would be a good functionality. Or to pull from my existing collection when I am putting together a decklist.
Kykar primer and other active decks (click!)

RowanKeltizar
Firemind

Post by RowanKeltizar » 2 years ago

Where does this tool pull prices data from? Several cards in my collection show a zero $ value. For example my JP foil Counterspell|64485 TCGplayer says it's 45$

Also, I have noticed other discrepancies. For example I own a invocations Forbid|45125. In my decklist it is priced at 35$ which is the "market average" But where is this data coming from? Card Kingdom has none in stock and the lowest price on TCGplayer is 85$.

Just thinking there could be some improvements made here. I find TCGplayer pricing to be the most accurate.

For me, I would love to use this tool to keep track of my collection's value and look at daily and weekly trends. Knowledge is power! But currently I find it inaccurate to the point of useless for this purpose.

TCGplayer typically has the lowest prices and that is usually what I reference when looking at values.
WRBKaalia, Zenith Seeker - Certified Air Raid Material
WBElenda, the Dusk Rose - Drain and Gain
WRAurelia, the Warleader - Tokens/Equipment
URNiv-Mizzet, Parun - Controlled Burn primer
BRGHenzie, "Toolbox" Torre - Creature Feature
BRGSoul of Windgrace - Lands Matter
RGWGishath, Sun's Avatar - I'M YOUR DADDY
GWUBAtraxa, Praetors' Voice - Artifact Stax Beatdown
Budget Starter Decks
UBSygg, River Cutthroat
WU Shorikai, Genesis Engine

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 2 years ago

Prices come directly from TCGPlayer. Mid/Market/High is updated daily, and TCGLow is updated hourly.

It looks like the Counterspell isn't linked to TCG correctly. I'll fix, apologies.

For Forbid, the pricing is correct, albeit misleading. While TCG's lowest listing greatly exceeds the market price, that $35 market price comes from TCG (you can also see it listed directly on TCG's Page). Usually when low exceeds market, it's indicative of a coming price spike and/or buyout. Sometimes (like probably this) it's simply a matter of scarcity. There's only a few listings, and those listings are all trying to use the scarcity to their advantage by listing high. Basically, you're forced to pay a higher price than what you might otherwise just because the vendors know you don't have a lot of options. This will tend to move the price higher and create a spike, even if shorter lived, if other vendors don't list theirs soon.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

WizardMN
Answers: 124

Post by WizardMN » 2 years ago

Are there any plans to add in the Etched Foils from Mystic Archive? That is, Faithless Looting, for example, has 3 printings in the Archive: Normal, Foil, and Etched Foil (Foil Etched?). But we don't have a way to differentiate between Foil Etched and regular foil.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

WizardMN wrote:
2 years ago
Are there any plans to add in the Etched Foils from Mystic Archive? That is, Faithless Looting, for example, has 3 printings in the Archive: Normal, Foil, and Etched Foil (Foil Etched?). But we don't have a way to differentiate between Foil Etched and regular foil.
Hmm. Scryfall (who we generally sync with) doesn't have them. We'll have to add them by hand, but that's something we can do. No promises on the turnaround since that's a good bit of hand keyed data entry.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

WizardMN

Thanks. I don't really care one way or the other since I don't do the etched foils, but I assume others might and thought I would bring it up.

RabidVacin

Post by RabidVacin » 2 years ago

Is there a trick to pulling up +2 Mace in the Collection Tracker? When I try typing +2 Mace, nothing comes up.
That card is bad and you should feel bad for playing it.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

proud of +2 mace for continuing its streak of breaking every single piece of magic infrastructure ever built

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Lol
I tested it in a bunch of stuff to make sure it worked and all looked good. But the on-collections-page add wasn't one of them that I thought to test... so naturally it's the one that broke lol

WizardMN

Another Etched Foil issue:

I ended up getting some of the Commander Legends Etched Foils and these are in the Collection tracker. However, I can't add any quantities to paper versions of these cards though I can add Online versions. Both the Non-Foil and Foil (Have and Want columns) just have a line through them not allowing them to be added. Since these appear to be in the database, I am hoping it is just a switch to allow quantities to be added.

A couple examples are Rograkh, Son of Rohgahh, Queen Marchesa, and Najeela, the Blade-Blossom

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

WizardMN wrote:
2 years ago
Since these appear to be in the database, I am hoping it is just a switch to allow quantities to be added.
It was. Fixed!
Apologies.
Scryfall has etched-only marked as no-foil and no-nonfoil. I'll have to adjust for this.

Ghirash

Post by Ghirash » 2 years ago

Hello,
i tried to import my collection as a csv file but after clicking on importing collection button the browser hanged for 4-5 minutes then I got the error page as shown in the screenshot attached to this post.
After refreshing the page I exported the collection as csv file and by comparing the csv file I imported before with the exported csv file I could see that only a part of my collection was imported to MTG Nexus so something failed during the process.
I've tried this process 2-3 times with the same error.

Thank you for your help
Attachments
MTG Nexus error.jpg

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Ghirash wrote:
2 years ago
i tried to import my collection as a csv file but after clicking on importing collection button the browser hanged for 4-5 minutes then I got the error page as shown in the screenshot attached to this post.
How big is the CSV file?
How many cards?

Nothing errored at this time, and the process isn't all that complicated, so I'm not sure why it would have taken so long (and cloudfare forced a timeout)

Ghirash

Post by Ghirash » 2 years ago

The csv file is 163.732 bytes (4576 rows), 13577 cards. I've attached it to this post.
It's csv file of my MTG Arena collection, in MTGGoldfish format.

Thank you again
Attachments
collection.csv

TessaMTG
Arbiter of +1/+1 Counters
Pronoun: she / her

Post by TessaMTG » 5 months ago

works very well, just would like to add without having to go to the set that the card is from. otherwise, phenomenal. love the live price updates
I love Tchotchke Elemental. And as always: wear your seatbelt, tear up your friend's mill deck, and buh-bye. (Please don't actually tear up your friend's mill deck, no matter how annoying it is.)

Check out the LGBTAPQ+ People Place!
My Custom Planeswalkers
Custom Horizons 1
Good Kid (really good indie rock band also they play MTG)

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 5 months ago

TessaMTG wrote:
5 months ago
works very well, just would like to add without having to go to the set that the card is from. otherwise, phenomenal. love the live price updates
Collections v2 will release with the next major push (before the end of the year).
For now, you can go to your main collections page, scroll down, and simply type in the card name for a list to quick add/etc:
image.png

Ryu

Post by Ryu » 2 weeks ago

The collection tracker is currently missing a Retro Frame version of Lavinia, Foil to Conspiracy from the Ravnica Clue Edition set. TCGPlayer link below for reference.

https://www.tcgplayer.com/product/54218 ... ge=English

Side Note: This collection tracker is awesome! Thanks for putting so much work into it over the years!

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 2 weeks ago

Ryu wrote:
2 weeks ago
The collection tracker is currently missing a Retro Frame version of Lavinia, Foil to Conspiracy from the Ravnica Clue Edition set. TCGPlayer link below for reference.

https://www.tcgplayer.com/product/54218 ... ge=English

Side Note: This collection tracker is awesome! Thanks for putting so much work into it over the years!
Added!
Not sure how it missed one card. But its there now. :)

Ryu

Post by Ryu » 1 week ago

Hello again!

Another card missing from the tracker. A promo version of Murktide Regent. TCGPlayer Link below!

https://www.tcgplayer.com/product/54151 ... ge=English

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 1 week ago

Ryu wrote:
1 week ago
A promo version of Murktide Regent.
Added.
Note: it's actually in PMH2.
TCGPlayer has it in the wrong set >_<

Ghirash

Post by Ghirash » 3 days ago

Hello,
I've exported my MTG Arena collection from DeckStats as a CSV file then imported the same file in MTGNexus as Arena cards but I get a lot of errors as you can see from the attached zipped .txt file. (I had to compress txt file because it was about 1 MB in size)
Thanks in advance
Attachments
MTGNexus errors importing DeckStats CSV file.zip

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community”