how often do you play Magic?

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

I wanted to start a thread to see how often people here play Magic.

At my height of playing maybe 4ish years ago, I was either drafting or playing casual/testing matches on Thursday nights, playing FNM on Fridays then playing some kind of competitive level events on Saturday or Sunday (sometimes both days).
Up until a few months ago, I was still playing both Thursday and Fridays with either some kind of competitive event or commander on Saturdays

Past 3 months or so, I've been slowing it down due to a few reasons such as having to work weekends and having nobody else to go to events with. I always say I'm gonna play online but I'm pretty inconsistent with it

Tell me how often you play Magic

mosskirin
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by mosskirin » 4 years ago

I play Pauper every Thursday night, plus one extra time a month at a place that does it the last Friday of the month. Occasionally another big thing like a MagicFest or Pre-Release. I feel like "slightly more than once a week" is a good balance.

Oh wait, except I'm also playing on MTGO and MTGA. I do have a problem...
Pauper Fanatic - The best format

I'm 28% Green - 24% Black - 21% Red - 15% White - 12% Blue

Beyondnoxx
Temple of Mystery caretaker

Post by Beyondnoxx » 4 years ago

5 times a week. I Play at work with kids. Its amazing! Se Got a Very healthy and great Pauper League Going on. Everyone han get Into it. Pauper is cheap. And fun. And The is okay
- Noxx
Pauper:N/A
Commander:N/A
Modern:N/A
Cards to sort: 80.000-85.000 :hmm:

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

Weekly, usually commander, sometimes draft.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

CalebLost
The Prince of the Ravens
Answers: 5

Post by CalebLost » 4 years ago

Thursday night at LGS (duel commander/brawl one week each normally), some extra nights at friends house and prereleases
had to scale down the time dedicated due to other activities :(
Current Duel Commander Decks
EnemyShard
MerenAlesha
Rashmi
Jhoira
Tajic

Vessiliana
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Vessiliana » 4 years ago

I play at least twice a week, Commander always, with the occasional Oathbreaker session thrown in.

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet
Pronoun: she / her

Post by clariwench » 4 years ago

I play Arena every single day. I only get to play paper once or twice a month anymore.
"Would that both gods above and demons below could protect me from good people. A man dubbed evil will take your purse, but a so-called ‘good man’ will not be content until he has ripped out your very heart.” - Davriel Cane, Children of the Nameless

Alchemy Mono Red Burn -- Historic Izzet Phoenix -- Historic Grixis Yorion Fires RIP -- Modern Burn -- Legacy Burn -- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV EDH -- Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH -- Kess, Dissident Mage EDH -- Jorn, God of Winter Brawl -- Gutmorn, Pactbound Servant Historic Brawl -- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame Historic Brawl -- Killian, Ink Duelist Historic Brawl -- Niv-Mizzet, Parun Historic Brawl

SquirrelToken

Post by SquirrelToken » 4 years ago

When I was in college, we'd draft almost every day. That got expensive, let me tell you, but it was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. I had a weekly EDH game going, but the advent of my second child put paid to that. These days I get to draft about once per calendar quarter, and I'm lucky if I get in one night of EDH/Oathbreaker per month. It's really quite frustrating.

caulkwrangler

Post by caulkwrangler » 4 years ago

I haven't played a game of Magic in over three years.

Whiffypenguin

Post by Whiffypenguin » 4 years ago

SquirrelToken wrote:
4 years ago
When I was in college, we'd draft almost every day. That got expensive, let me tell you, but it was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. I had a weekly EDH game going, but the advent of my second child put paid to that. These days I get to draft about once per calendar quarter, and I'm lucky if I get in one night of EDH/Oathbreaker per month. It's really quite frustrating.
I use to play 3 nights a week. Then came kid one. Down to 1 night a week. Then came kid two and now it's once monthly.
Arena for after kiddos bedtime at least once a week. If I can keep my eyes open.

motleyslayer

I've actually gotten pretty bad with Arena myself, my main thing is I'm terrible with time management during the week and never get enough done that I'd like to and my playing Magic online time always suffer

Magiqmaster

Post by Magiqmaster » 4 years ago

I play every Thursday night with my friends... Multiplayer, EDH and now Oathbreaker. This has been going on for over 15 years! Still, I wish I could fit another night, I am somewhat addicted to this game!

motleyslayer

Oathbbreaker has really taken off in my area the past month or so, even with people who didn't really play EDH before. I kinda found myself getting into it, even if I still like EDH more. I find it's an easier format to just play 1v1 and have quick games. We've been playing on Thursday night but I don't normally get to play EDH due to work

Skello496

Post by Skello496 » 4 years ago

I play Every other Monday night.
EDH:
Krenko, Goblin Stampeder
Nylea, God of Hydra Counters G
Mahadi, Emporium Master rb
Feather, Catrips Redeemed wr
Ghired, The Tokened gwr

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

the shop that has Modern near my house has closed down. The only nearby shop that has mtg only has Standard, and I refuse to play that format. Currently, I can only play when friends come to visit which is very few times. Still keep all my decks up to date though.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Amalek0

Post by Amalek0 » 4 years ago

Not as much as when I was in undergrad, because now I work full-time *AND* am doing grad school, but I'm still doing "magic stuff" basically every friday (FNM, judging/modern/draft/legacy), Sunday (modern 4-6 rounds), and occasionally monday (legacy).

I've prepped with a group of people every set since Zendikar (except for two fairly recent ones) for PT Limited, so I would generally have 18-20 drafts in paper of a new set within the first week of release. I think I'm the only member of that group to have never actually had an invite, but generally between half and 2/3rds of the group have had an invite at each PT, so it never really died down.

Back in undergrad, I used to play magic in paper five or six days a week, and I had no clue how good I had it.

motleyslayer

Because I've switched jobs now I'll be able to play Thursday and Friday nights as well as weekends, which is really nice and I look forward to it

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”