Dreamed about magic cards?

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

This can be anything mtg that you saw in your dreams. It can be winning in a tournament, finally able to buy a set of power nine, talking with your favorite planeswalker, visiting a plane, casting spells... anything as long as it is mtg related. ;)

To start, sharing this weird mtg related dream that happened years ago. It was more than 10 years now, but still not forgotten because it was so vivid. In the dream I saw a werebear fighting a metamorphic wurm, I was sort of watching only a few feet away from them, but the creatures were ignoring me. Wurm won the fight, and the bear was eaten. The only thing left from the bear is the nose on the forest floor. I woke up with a headcahe. :P
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Beyondnoxx
Temple of Mystery caretaker
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Beyondnoxx » 4 years ago

Dreamt About Victories Many times. Even dreamt About deck testning up to Gps etc. Never About meeting planeswalkers. ^^
- Noxx
Pauper:N/A
Commander:N/A
Modern:N/A
Cards to sort: 80.000-85.000 :hmm:

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

I more have random dreams about tournaments or going to tournaments rather than cards themselves. I've had a few also about winning events

mosskirin

Post by mosskirin » 4 years ago

I can remember a few Magic-related dreams I've had over the year:

1st time, I dreamed I was with my dad around North Station in Boston, and see a vendor on the street selling Magic cards. I bought a Badlands for $10, which in the dream had the art of Bad Moon (this was about 16 years ago, so $10 for a Bad Lands was a damn good price, but not quite as insane as in modern times).

2nd time, I dreamed I was at a Gencon-like convention and opened a pack of a new set. The main thing I remember is that the set had the return of Nezumi from Kamigawa, or some ratfolk race like that. And even more uniquely, it had cards with a "transparent" background ala those plastic cards from the short-lived CCG Hex. This was a bit before the Kaladesh invocations came out, so I feel like the dream slightly predicted WotC getting much more experimental with alternate frames.

3rd time, I was at a Pauper tournament and won 1st place. There were some full-art promo Lightning Bolts involved, as well as this card I remember very distinctly opening from a prize pack:

Death Cloud (I know this is another card in real life).
BB
Sorcery (R)
Create three 1/1 black Drone creature tokens with Infect and "Whenever this leaves play, sacrifice all Drones you control."

Pretty interesting design, I think.
Pauper Fanatic - The best format

I'm 28% Green - 24% Black - 21% Red - 15% White - 12% Blue

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

I actually ended up having a dream where I ended up winning an MCQ and was testing for the MC with people I knew. It would be nice if that was a sign of something to come

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

mosskirin wrote:
4 years ago
3rd time, I was at a Pauper tournament and won 1st place. There were some full-art promo Lightning Bolts involved, as well as this card I remember very distinctly opening from a prize pack:

Death Cloud (I know this is another card in real life).
BB
Sorcery (R)
Create three 1/1 black Drone creature tokens with Infect and "Whenever this leaves play, sacrifice all Drones you control."

Pretty interesting design, I think.
interesting design indeed, you have an active imagination even in dreams. :)
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet
Pronoun: she / her

Post by clariwench » 4 years ago

I had a very vivid dream about fighting Eternals and like, the fear of charging in to battle in the vanguard a few nights ago. It was so crazy.

And I've also obviously had various dreams about Ral throughout the years.
"Would that both gods above and demons below could protect me from good people. A man dubbed evil will take your purse, but a so-called ‘good man’ will not be content until he has ripped out your very heart.” - Davriel Cane, Children of the Nameless

Alchemy Mono Red Burn -- Historic Izzet Phoenix -- Historic Grixis Yorion Fires RIP -- Modern Burn -- Legacy Burn -- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV EDH -- Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH -- Kess, Dissident Mage EDH -- Jorn, God of Winter Brawl -- Gutmorn, Pactbound Servant Historic Brawl -- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame Historic Brawl -- Killian, Ink Duelist Historic Brawl -- Niv-Mizzet, Parun Historic Brawl

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

clariwench wrote:
4 years ago
I had a very vivid dream about fighting Eternals and like, the fear of charging in to battle in the vanguard a few nights ago. It was so crazy.

And I've also obviously had various dreams about Ral throughout the years.
wow, that's a badass dream. Could easily turn into a nightmare if Bolas appears. :omg:

What's your dream about Ral. Is he your friend or your enemy? :)

Anyway, I had another mtg related dream yesterday night. But it was so short, could only remember a bit.

In the dream there is the feeling that I was playing against someone. Then saw the cards narcomoeba and stinkweed imp on opponent's side. Then I woke up.

Had that dream maybe because I always consider Dredge when building sideboard of any modern deck. :grin:

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet
Pronoun: she / her

Post by clariwench » 4 years ago

What's your dream about Ral. Is he your friend or your enemy?
Hahhhh more than friend. :xp:
"Would that both gods above and demons below could protect me from good people. A man dubbed evil will take your purse, but a so-called ‘good man’ will not be content until he has ripped out your very heart.” - Davriel Cane, Children of the Nameless

Alchemy Mono Red Burn -- Historic Izzet Phoenix -- Historic Grixis Yorion Fires RIP -- Modern Burn -- Legacy Burn -- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV EDH -- Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH -- Kess, Dissident Mage EDH -- Jorn, God of Winter Brawl -- Gutmorn, Pactbound Servant Historic Brawl -- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame Historic Brawl -- Killian, Ink Duelist Historic Brawl -- Niv-Mizzet, Parun Historic Brawl

SquirrelToken

Post by SquirrelToken » 4 years ago

Last night I had a dream in which I was going back to a hotel after a day at a GP. I was talking to a friend of mine named Becca, who does not play Magic IRL. We were discussing our plans for the evening, and I was lamenting the fact that it wasn't October yet. She asked why, and I pointed at my backpack. "Because if it were October, then I'd have a box of Eldraine in here, and we could be drafting it RIGHT NOW!" She laughed, clapped me on the shoulder, and went off to her room.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Had a weird mtg dream last night. I was playing at a tournament, cast a red 2 cmc 2/1 creature that looked like baby wild boar, the picture on the card it's running and it gave +2/+1 bonus to my other creatures. Then opponent casts something to duplicate my creature, and then he cast something that is like a "fight" mechanic that makes his duplicate fight one of my creatures. After that got into some rules argument with the opponent, and he rage quit? After that I asked someone to watch my things, then went to the tournament organizer to tell that the opponent quit. As I was going back to the playing area noticed that several people have also finished their matches.. then I woke up. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”