Mending Cards

Henlock
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Henlock » 4 years ago

Today I cleaned my son's bedroom and found two cards he had borrowed from me quite battered.

Grand Arbiter is not only bent in half, but it has been exposed to some humidity as I found it behind his desk and it's not longer flat. I'm putting some heavy book on it but I want to know if you have some kind of trick to harden the bend-crack. It's no longer playable with no sleeves.

Tolsimir Wolfblood was found on a shelf with a piece of candy on top of it. It kind of melted over tbe card. I tried to wipe it but it spreads. If you have some tip to help me remove the candy it would be nice.

He gave me a playmat and two boxes full of randoms as reparations, I took back all the cards I have lended him that he wasn't using, but I still hate him a bit. :grin:

So any tips?

hyalopterouslemur
Pronoun: he / him

Post by hyalopterouslemur » 4 years ago

Well, first, don't hate your son. This isn't Monopoly. :P Secondly, I really don't know what to do. Cards naturally bow when exposed to humidity, but how did it get bent like that?
Thanks to Feyd_Ruin for the avatar!

lyonhaert
Answers: 4
Pronoun: they / them

Post by lyonhaert » 4 years ago

Off the top of my head... and neither of these are actually mending the existing cards...

You could possibly proxy Grand Arbiter for actual use in decks with a thin print on a land card (even possibly shaving the land card's face down some) while keeping the real card in a sleeve with your decks for "proof". (This assumes you sleeve your decks.)

Tolsimir Wolfblood is only two dollars, so it could actually be replaced instead of trying to deal with the candy. That sounds like more than two dollars worth of work to fix.
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

SquirrelToken

Post by SquirrelToken » 4 years ago

Concur - these are not fixable damages, and unless the cards are foil they're wicked cheap to replace. He's "paid" for his mistake, just order new copies and think twice before lending him expensive cards in the future.

Henlock

[mention]hyalopterouslemur[/mention] : I don't know how it ended up bended. Only tjng I can think of is tjat the card slipped behind the desk and ended up clinging in some odd possition and some random push to the desk ended the job.

I had Augustin below a tome of Quixote for four days now and it helped it flattening a bit. Now that it got so messed I think that maybe is a glod moment to have it altered.

I'm still waiting foe the candy to completely solidify as to try to scrape it,
Last edited by Henlock 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

lyonhaert
Answers: 4
Pronoun: they / them

Post by lyonhaert » 4 years ago

[mention]Henlock[/mention]: put it in the freezer or fridge?
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

Henlock

lyonhaert wrote:
4 years ago
@Henlock: put it in the freezer or fridge?
That actually seems like a great idea!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”