Brawl Coming to Arena

Atraxian
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Atraxian » 4 years ago

As the title says, Brawl is coming to Arena before the end of the year.
(probably when the new series hits the online game, as they will be printing brawl/commander specific cards with Eldraine).

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/a ... 2019-07-22
"Perhaps the number-one most requested thing for Brawl since the day it was announced has been, "When will Brawl be on MTG Arena?" And I'm thrilled to announce it's coming soon!

MTG Arena doesn't currently have a format like Commander where you build around a legendary creature, and now you can finally get that experience there! Before the year is out, you'll be able to play 1v1 Brawl on MTG Arena. "

This comes as a nice piece of news to me. I was actually thinking of letting arena go as I really don't enjoy the current standard environment (too much mono-red and control running wild, even if they have toned down a little with the new elementals going around).
Hoping they add Brawl as a free-to-join queue like the Bo1 and Bo3 for standard and their new non-rotating format instead of a pay-to-play event only.

Also hoping that they will allow a non-rotating variant for their Arena brawl too, but I fear that would fracture the playerbase on a little too many queues.
Angels Enthusiast
Avacyn, Casual Angel Tribal

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

Even though I never really played the format, I always thought they gave up on it too fast the first time they tried pushing it. So I'm glad it'll be on Arena

RainyDay

Post by RainyDay » 4 years ago

Brawl was DoA in my area, so at least this will give me a chance to play the format. If it does well enough, maybe we'll see a proper arena version of commander after a few sets get rotated into the historic format.

italofoca

Post by italofoca » 4 years ago

I'm really excited by this. Been playing a lot in arena during this summer and it looks like the perfect place for Brawl.

I only wish there was a non-rotating version of Brawl, just because I think people will grow attached to their brawlers and it will suck when rotation comes.

motleyslayer

italofoca wrote:
4 years ago
I'm really excited by this. Been playing a lot in arena during this summer and it looks like the perfect place for Brawl.

I only wish there was a non-rotating version of Brawl, just because I think people will grow attached to their brawlers and it will suck when rotation comes.
actually one of the commander groups in my area was playing a "modern" variant of brawl where it could be any modern legal commander but I don't think WotC actually supports that yet. But I guess at that point it's not much different than commander or oathbreaker

Kajaxis
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Kajaxis » 4 years ago

I didn't like Brawl from the beginning, but I do like it finding a home on Arena. I won't ever play it in paper Magic because I'd prefer EDH or Oathbreaker, but I will certainly play it on Arena.

motleyslayer

Kajaxis wrote:
4 years ago
I didn't like Brawl from the beginning, but I do like it finding a home on Arena. I won't ever play it in paper Magic because I'd prefer EDH or Oathbreaker, but I will certainly play it on Arena.
I'm pretty much this, I a;ready had an extensive commander collection when brawl was announced but I'd probably enjoy playing brawl online

When Brawl was first announced over a year ago, mostly the standard players played it because they already had the cards.I just didn't enjoy it as much because I played so much commander at the time

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”