[M20] Bundle vs. Box Card Stock

Max Rebo
Husband of Serra
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Max Rebo » 4 years ago

Has anybody else noticed the huge difference in the card stock between the Bundles and Box or Booster Packs.
The Bundle cards seem thinner and are very glossy.
The Box or Booster cards seem normal with no gloss.
Box made in USA so it just seems weird. The stuff out of the Bundle feels like Fake cards.

Atraxian
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Atraxian » 4 years ago

I could say something similar for the cards in boosters and cards in the universal promo packs.
The cards I have from the promo packs are rougher to the touch than the cards from boosters (both in italian language).
Angels Enthusiast
Avacyn, Casual Angel Tribal

KodiakCutpurse
Pronoun: he / him

Post by KodiakCutpurse » 4 years ago

The boosters from the prerelease kits also have glossy cards. I opened both a booster case and a prerelease case and I'm very annoyed with the difference in print quality. I much prefer the traditional matte finish. And, as you stated, the glossy ones look and feel fake.

Jace

Post by Jace » 4 years ago

I'm glad I am not the only one who noticed this.

I feel like the Pre-release and Bundle cards are actually thicker, and glossy, and I absolutely love it. This is the card quality that I want. They have a deep, rich, saturated hue and the gloss really makes the artwork look crisp and gleaming.

I've been trying really hard to collect the glossy cards, but some people get skeptical about swapping for them. I want all my M20 cards to be from the pre-release kits or bundles. I wish WOTC would print all its cards with the glossy finish.

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

It's been like that for a while, I noticed it in Domninaria with the challenger decks. I found that with the UW approach challenger deck, then again with the mono red deck from GNA.

I didn't notice it with any prerelease kits from Core 2020

I always hated the glossy feel to the cards

JaceBluesMaster

Post by JaceBluesMaster » 4 years ago

Yeah this type of stuff has been going on for a while. WotC clearly has two print shops, one that does the heavy lifting for the normal sets and another that does the stuff like pre-release kits, planeswalker decks and bundles. I am not sure which one I prefer, to be honest.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”