Phil Foglio art

DrFunkenstein
Pronoun: he / him

Post by DrFunkenstein » 4 years ago

Such a shame that 'ol Phil doesn't create art for Magic, as he was my favorite artist.

Any know what his latest work has been?

My favorite artwork from him is on the card Apathy.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Moved to General Discussion.
The Foglios are working on their webcomic Girl Genius as their primary project of late I believe. They may be doing other fantasy art as well but not really for any games that I've seen.

I do miss their M:tG art, and I wish they could have been commissioned for Unstable, but I do understand the opinions of others (especially those in the Creative department) who think that their whimsical cartoonish art can be a tonal mismatch with a lot of settings. However, they would absolutely be perfect for illustrating Bablovia.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

TearsOfTomorrow
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by TearsOfTomorrow » 4 years ago

I didn't know the Foglios used to work on MtG cards. As a long-time Girl Genius fan, I look at certain, uh, shots of protagonist Agatha in that comic, and I do wish they'd do some artwork for some of MTG's own leggy ladies. Chandra's steampunk theme feels like it would be right up their alley.

... Err, of course I only wish this because I think of the potential artistic value involved. Yeah.

Exares

Post by Exares » 4 years ago

I loved discovering their new cards when I started playing. That cartoonish style was really great for some cards back then.

Mirror Universe, Rainbow Vale and Sulfurous Springs might be my favorite art of them.
Apathy is death.
Varina, Zombie Queen
Edgar, Family Reunion
Sefris, Dungeons of the Forgotten Realms
Jhoira, Legendary Artifacts
Old Rutstein, Graveyard Weirdness
Raphael & The Infernals
Yawgmoth, Phyrexia Forever
Selvala, Wild Stampede
Jace, Always Jace

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”