Occo
Jarl of Skybreen
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Occo » 4 years ago

Link to the Wizards article.

Standard:
Rampaging Ferocidon has been unbanned.

Modern:
Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis has been banned.
Faithless Looting has been banned.
Stoneforge Mystic has been unbanned.

Vintage:
Karn, the Great Creator has been restricted.
Mystic Forge has been restricted.
Mental Misstep has been restricted.
Golgari Grave-Troll has been restricted.
Fastbond has been unrestricted.

Note: Ferocidon is still banned in Arena Best-of-One until rotation.

Hogaak is completely gone now. How do people feel about Faithless? Thoughts on Phoenix in the upcoming meta?
SFM unban is pretty nice in my eyes; any plans for it in Colossus Hammer decks?

Karn and Forge are both good hits in my eyes; being able to fetch your restricted wincon with four unrestricted cards kinda ruins the point of restricting them. Mental Misstep is another quality hit in my opinion, letting people run more diverse forms of interaction.

I'm interested to see what will happen with Fastbond; more land-heavy decks appearing? Any plans on pre-existing decks for it to slot into?

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

I believe this is the first time they've ever unbanned a card in standard? I feel it's too close to rotation for it to really matter much but it'll be interesting against the scapeshift decks around right now

I feel that Hogaak needed to go at the minimum but looting getting the ban is them acknowledging that it enables gy degeneracy too much. SFM is a great unban IMO, I'm interested to see what the best deck for it is

I don't play vintage or follow it so I can't say anything about the restrictions they made

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

already said this on modern thread, but will say it again. Glad that loot got the ban. Can move on with my decks now.

also very glad that SFM was unbanned. After being banned for more than 7 years in modern. She was banned 2011, along with some other cards. Now, finally freed at last. :)
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

I feel the looting ban just prevents them having to further worry about what kind of gy based stuff they wanna do, so it's more of they've just had enough of it

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”