Plagarism in Strixhaven

robertleva
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by robertleva » 3 years ago

https://www.pcgamer.com/a-new-magic-the ... rized-art/

The evidence is pretty damning. There's a video where they overlay the new card on the old art and it's a perfect match. Oddly, this could have likely been avoided with a simple email to the original fan artist.
Robert Leva
Creator of Modern's 8Rack Deck

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 3 years ago

This situation feels like a mess for sure, after all it could have been easily avoided as you said. I'm glad Wizards jumped on it right away, I'm just totally unsure of how they could be held responsible for using art that was used without the original artist's permission

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 2 years ago

motleyslayer wrote:
3 years ago
This situation feels like a mess for sure, after all it could have been easily avoided as you said. I'm glad Wizards jumped on it right away, I'm just totally unsure of how they could be held responsible for using art that was used without the original artist's permission
They are not, the artist they hired is entirely responsible, and has now become a pariah in the professional circuit. They will not get work from WotC or any other publisher using fantasy art, ever again. They basically FUBAR'ed themselves by being an art thief.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”