Magic: Legends

robertleva
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by robertleva » 3 years ago

If you haven't heard, MTG has a Diablo style game called Magic Legends. I am here to warn you all away from this shameless cash grab of a game.

Robert Leva
Creator of Modern's 8Rack Deck

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 3 years ago

I haven't looked into much as I only really play MTGO and Arena on my potato of a computer. I was hoping it would be on PS$ yet but it's not.

is it functionally bad as in doesn't run great or is the issue just that there's a massive paywall?

Mookie
Answers: 47

Post by Mookie » 3 years ago

I play a lot of Path of Exile, so Magic: Legends is on my radar as an alternate ARPG to try out. That said, I don't foresee myself playing it until it has been polished some more - I care about gameplay more than it using MTG IP.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 3 years ago

this looks interesting. Might give it a try later, when | get a better pc.

my current pc cannot handle graphically demanding games.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

robertleva

Post by robertleva » 3 years ago

I am an ARPG fan Grim Dawn is my go to game on PC because it's the only one that fully supports gamepads. That said, Magic: Legends is a dumpster fire of a game even if the monetizations were gone. You build your "deck" of abilities which all get spammed non stop during battle. Your ability hotbar is randomized and it goes from randomly "okish" to randomly crappy when you dont get when you want.

The randomness of your skills is annoying, not clever. This isnt a card game where I want a different hand ever game, it's Diablo.

Then throw on a heaping helping of cash grab micro transactions and you have a real stinker.

The only upswing of this is maybe it will be another brick in the wall of failure of WOTC to properly handle their MTG ip. So maybe someone gets tired of wasting money on developing this garbage and refocuses on the good parts of the ip.
Robert Leva
Creator of Modern's 8Rack Deck

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 3 years ago

the randomization of abilities seems annoying to me and might actually be what keeps me off the game

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”