Too much trash

illakunsaa
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by illakunsaa » 3 years ago

I think wizards just prints too much trash and offers no way to recycle.

I have a box that can hold up to 4000 cards that I use to store all the random (un)commons I've picked during the years from drafts, random boosters and other products. And I have 3 more and one 2000 size one. What am I suppose to do with all these trash tier cards that literally nobody wants?

I think wotc should offer some kind of program that lets you return all your unwanted cards for cards you do want.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

Paper recycling is always an option, and is considerably cheaper and better for the environment than sending the cards back to WotC.

And there is always someone who wants your commons and uncommons, there are plenty of online market places where you can buy and sell single cards or in bulk.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 3 years ago

I've heard of some stores buying bulk commons/uncommons. I'm not exactly sure of what rates are as I've never looked into it myself . I've also seen people post in various social media platforms trying to sell them as well

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 3 years ago

Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
Paper recycling is always an option, and is considerably cheaper and better for the environment than sending the cards back to WotC.
but not as funny "Dear person, here are some common/uncommons that i have more than enough of."
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 3 years ago

StarCityGames buys cards in bulk.

What I do is take my bulk cards to a local shop and negotiate a deal for some booster packs or a little store credit if they have something I want. Even a shop that doesn't want them will take them for free.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

Hermes_ wrote:
3 years ago
Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
but not as funny "Dear person, here are some common/uncommons that i have more than enough of."
That is true.

On the other hand, there are always new players, and most new players are more than happy to take a bunch of old commons/uncommons to get their collection started.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”