Interesting Scryfall searches

Ginuqu
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Ginuqu » 3 years ago

I've been getting to grips with Scryfall usage and using it to really examine Throne of Eldraine, it being one of my favourite sets. I'm not really a draft player and was thinking I might have missed some less obvious themes hidden in the set thanks to not having played with all of its cards, so searches like these are really illuminating:

e:eld o:artifact o:enchantment (o:and or o:"and/or")

"Artifact or enchantment" is solely a white/blue bit of ability text in this set and that's something I probably would never have noticed!

Here's a more generic search I love looking through: (e:3ed -in:4ed) OR (e:4ed -in:3ed). It shows the difference between revised and 4th edition!
sorta mad at magic right now

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 3 years ago

interesting search indeed. Also did not notice that in Eldraine.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Melriken

Post by Melriken » 3 years ago

Want an interesting search? Here is something I stumbled across a while back making a Commander deck...

ci<=c ((t:eldrazi or t:instant or t:sorcery) or ((set:emn or set:soi) o:transform)) returns 48 cards.
ci<=c ((t:eldrazi or t:instant or t:sorcery) or (block:emn o:transform)) returns 74 cards.

I bet you can't name any of the 26 cards that are added...

Ginuqu

Melriken wrote:
3 years ago
Want an interesting search? Here is something I stumbled across a while back making a Commander deck...

ci<=c ((t:eldrazi or t:instant or t:sorcery) or ((set:emn or set:soi) o:transform)) returns 48 cards.
ci<=c ((t:eldrazi or t:instant or t:sorcery) or (block:emn o:transform)) returns 74 cards.

incredible :3 I wonder exactly why those horde cards are stored in Eldrazi Moon? I though they were themed after Theros!
I still kinda wanna pick up all those unplayable event cards and see if I can't repurpose em

Ginuqu

You think they'd batch "instant or sorcery" into something. Here's the times they aren't associated: instant OR sorcery

(ok, this isn't quite fair - it excludes Delirium-type checks)

ps, a little trivia question: name a set with more sorceries in it than Throne of Eldraine!

Melriken

Ginuqu wrote:
3 years ago
Melriken wrote:
3 years ago

incredible :3 I wonder exactly why those horde cards are stored in Eldrazi Moon? I though they were themed after Theros!
I still kinda wanna pick up all those unplayable event cards and see if I can't repurpose em
They aren't. What is happening is that Special cards (extra cards like Planes, tokens, schemes, or the cards from those decks) are automatically included if you specify a block, but not if you specify only sets and other things. But there is an error in the way they are included and by offering two paths for cards one that specifies blocks and one that doesn't you get Extra cards that meet the criteria of the other path.

Melriken

Ginuqu wrote:
3 years ago
ps, a little trivia question: name a set with more sorceries in it than Throne of Eldraine!
Not nearly as hard as it sounds...
Throne of Eldrain has 41 Sorceries in it, which is a lot more than most sets (in the mid 30s).

My first three guesses for sets with higher then normal sorcery counts were:
Portal, which has 86
Portal Second Age, which has 57

And the one I thought for sure would take the cake, Mystery Booster which has 255...

and for those wondering portal three kingdoms has 53

My guess is you intended to restrict to standard legal booster sets?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”