Make a Wish / Design a New Card Contest

Gudleikr
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Gudleikr » 4 years ago

So the rewards are: Get paid expense trip to visit Wizards HQ.
Have fun lunch with the design team
Playtest an unreleased product.
Design a card.
You can also invite 1 person.

Even the website is like: "Less than 1,000 people have designed official Magic: The Gathering cards—and you're about to join that exclusive club!"

Now here is the thing. You can donate to charity to boost your chances such as 100$ for 2000 entries. Or you can file a ticket for $0.00 to submit a single ticket. This can only be done once per minute. You will start running into the captcha image search minigame. You may even get a screen that wants a separate captcha to access the ticket page because the system thinks your a robot.

Now why do I mention all of this when I haven't mentioned the other thing, that its for Make-A-Wish. Well its kind of on the back end. As yes the proceeds go to a poor kid and I hope their wish does come true, and since the Make-A-Wish has a back log due to the virus event happening, but its something you could potentially not even see. As there is a button toward the top called "Enter Now" which will scroll the page down to a section that is just right after what it talks about for Make-A-Wish.

I'm not saying its shady, but I'm saying its putting the cart before the horse.

Return to “General Discussion”