Green spells that put +1/+1 counters

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

Hi, thought of putting this thread up at the modern section.. but it feels too casual to put there. So made a thread here instead. :)

I'm looking for green spells that put +1/+1 counters on creatures. Spells similar to hunger of the howlpack and travel preparations. Between 1-3 cmc range, and modern legal. Need ideas for the semi-casual deck we are building right now. To give people an idea, we have four hangarback walker, and we are looking for a green spell that could dump a lot of +1/+1 counters on the walker. Oh, and we are not building a hardened scales deck.. I don't have ravagers anymore, sold them 2 years ago. This is just homebrew that we are trying to build. Any advice on spells are appreciated.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Serpent_Steve
King of the Elementals!
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Serpent_Steve » 4 years ago

First one that springs to mind would be Solidarity of Heroes. Other than that mono green doesn't really get many effects that dump +1 counters at that CMC range. I suppose you also have Bow of Nylea but that is a painfully slow way of going about it.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

solidarity of heroes look good. I didn't know about that card. thanks.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

SquirrelToken

Post by SquirrelToken » 4 years ago

Nissa, Voice of Zendikar and Song of Freyalise come to mind.

Wild Onslaught costs 1 more than you want to spend, but I figure that it's worth mentioning. Ajani the Greathearted, if you can spare the white mana, is also a good consideration.

You'd mentioned Modern, so I didn't bring up one of my old favorites - Titania's Boon. Oh wait. I just brought it up. It's strictly worse than Wild Onslaught, but it's so much of a classic card that I can't resist.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

hmm, Ajani looks interesting. Thanks for the suggestion.

edit: oh, and also already have 2 nissa voz in our deck. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”