Your favorite small things in a given set

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

So with Battle for Baldur's Gate previews having kicked off, the new Invoker cycle has had me riding high all day just because of the ingenious multireferential design and flavor: They all have an eight-mana activated ability like the previous Invoker cycles, and all have flavor text where they're quoted as speaking a nickname or title of the god they worship. In other words, they invoke their deity. It's just a common mana-sink cycle, but I can't help but smile at how well done this is. It's the kind of thing I strive for in my own custom designs.

What about everyone else, though? Is there a little detail in a set that just gives you a soft spot for that release or made you appreciate a fave set even more?
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

MaritLage
Catholic Nun
Pronoun: she / her

Post by MaritLage » 1 year ago

Having been playing back and forth with some of the art teams since Kaldheim , i·ve gotten a feel for the kind of nuances various artists and muses put in their work , and i love the dance of communication , encoding all those secret messages . Honestly , some of these people are hillaryus . *wedges myself across two railings*

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 1 year ago

When we visit old planes, I really like seeing throwbacks to old cards. I guess this also happens in masters/horizons sets too

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”