[official] Card Sleeve and Deckbox discussion

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

I really like Katanas, I tried some over the weekend and they shuffle great

Creighton

Post by Creighton » 4 years ago

I've been using Dragon Shield Mattes for sleeving all my cards. I love the variety in colors and how they feel to shuffle. Recently I've begun double-sleeving all my cards. I tried some top-loader inner sleeves from Ultra Pro, Dragon Shield, and some other random brand I found at my local store and I can't say I've enjoyed the experience. I have, however, found I really like Dragon Shield's Sealable Inner Sleeves. They let me DS my cards in my library w/o using one of my Dragon Shield Matte's and they go into the matte's waaaaay easier than the normal inners from Dragon Shield.

I have run into a problem, though. Now I cannot fit my EDH decks into their 100+ DB rated deck containers. I'd really like to keep this method. Anyone know of any deck containers that could work with this? Maybe something that is for like 150 - 200 SS cards. I don't mind if its bulky or awkwardly shaped, so long as it fits my "2.5" sleeved cards.

WizardMN
Answers: 124

Post by WizardMN » 4 years ago

[mention]Creighton[/mention]

h easiest answer is don't use Dragon Shields. I like Dragon Shields too but even "normal" Inner sleeves (not to mention the Sealables) won't fit in a lot of deckboxes.

Ultra Pro Satin Tower might fit. When I was using the normal inner sleeves with Dragon Shields, the Legion Deck Vault V2 was awesome. I can't guarantee the deck will fit (and I don't want to sleeve a deck just to check) but that was the best I found for double sleeved decks in Dragon Shields.

Or, just get a custom box from Aaron Cain and ask him to make it slightly larger than normal.

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 3 years ago

I finally convinced my main LGS to order in Katanas and the order came in so I bought some. Hopefully they catch on in my area. They got a bunch of the colours too, even some I didn't know there were

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 3 years ago

has anyone used KMC sleeves recently? I used to use them a lot years ago but their quality dropped a bit. I was wondering what their quality was like now

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 11 months ago

has anyone used Ultimate Guard Cortex sleeves? if so how do they compare to the Katanas? Katanas are my favourite sleeves

BlackbirdPlaysMTG
Lost but seeking
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by BlackbirdPlaysMTG » 2 weeks ago

For sleeves I exclusively use Dragonshield Mattes paired with either Gamegenic inner sleeves or Ultra Pro inner sleeves. My store also sells Gamegenic sleeves (mattes and normal I think), so I might try those out in the future and see how they hold up/feel when shuffling.

I own an Ultimate Guard deckbox (a Flip 'n Tray Twin), which I have been using for years now - quite happy with it. The LGS I currently frequent a lot does not sell Ultimate Guard products anymore though, they switched to Gamegenic deckboxes. Gamegenic makes nice products, I now own several different types of deckboxes from them. Here are three types:

• The blue one is a Stronghold 200+ XL, which holds two double-sleeved commander decks and one of them includes 10 single-sleeved tokens comfortably. It has a dice compartment in the middle.
  • The white one is a Watchtower 100+ XL. It holds one double-sleeved commander deck and it even includes like 10 single-sleeved tokens comfortably. It has a dice compartment on the bottom/top. I prefer mine at the bottom.
  • The green one is a Sidekick (not the XL), which holds one double-sleeved commander deck.
So far I am really happy with them! They are priced decently here in The Netherlands and the quality is good.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”