Why Is Unfulfilled Desires Spiking?

UnfulfilledDesires
Pronoun: they / them

Post by UnfulfilledDesires » 3 years ago

As you can see, I'm rather fond of this card. Suddenly Unfulfilled Desires is $16.78 market. What gives? It's only vaguely playable in EDH. I've struggled to slot it into decks despite my aesthetic appreciation. (Two of my forty-plus lists currently run it.) I guess the spike is part of an overall rush on the Reserved List, but this one seems especially odd. Is there some synergy with a Kaldheim card that I've missed?

SquirrelToken
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by SquirrelToken » 3 years ago

I don't think that there's any particular new synergy with this card, But it's a Reserved List engine card, so at some point it was going to jump. MTGStocks says that the price picked up on Feb 1st, after Kaldheim was already fully spoiled. People had a few bucks, they saw that other RL cards were going up, and someone or a few someones took a shot at this one.

lyonhaert
Answers: 4
Pronoun: they / them

Post by lyonhaert » 3 years ago

I mean, Revised Bad Moon|3ED doesn't really have any business going up in price, either. The first section of this article kinda goes into why some non-RL cards also go up from buyouts. Basically, if it's old or RL and spikes, it's usually because of speculators/investors doing buyouts.
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Finance”