USPS shipping to Canada

KarnDaddy
Pronoun: he / him

Post by KarnDaddy » 4 years ago

okay, the USPS site is a pain. I'm looking to ship 8 cards between 2 toploaders in a small bubble mailer to Canada. I know people do it every single day, can anyone just give me an IDEA how much it usually runs you? I only have USPS nearby

SquirrelToken
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by SquirrelToken » 4 years ago

I just did that last week. It cost about ten bucks.

Spaderman

Post by Spaderman » 2 years ago

lol, it depends on what additions you include! Are you shipping registered mail or normal air mail? If you ship registered mail, then it would cost between $10-$15 but normal air mail costs much less! I know that it costs around $2 to ship from Canada to the USA and usually takes a week or two both ways to receive! Might be even longer now due to COVID paranoia!

Gamazson

Post by Gamazson » 2 years ago

Are you a business? A business would need to make a customs declaration. Depending how you list the value, that will determine whether or not the person receiving has to pay additional taxes.

IIRC anything given a value over $20 USD is subject to import fee's.

As a Canadian who orders cards online, I know there are some retailers who undervalue the product and some who don't. I won't use names, but website A will declare the value as what I paid for the cards, while website B will declare the value to be under $20 not matter what I paid them. I am unsure of the overall legality of this, but I do gravitate towards website B when ordering from the US.

SquirrelToken
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by SquirrelToken » 2 years ago

So, funny story. I shipped some cards to a fellow Nexus fellow back at the end of January. Cost me $15, and they were in limbo for MONTHS. Eventually they came back to me last week. The post office was baffled. I had to re-buy postage, re-fill the customs forms (I am not a business, but anyone sending a package to another country needs a customs form), and sent them again. They're scheduled for delivery today.

COVID has really messed some stuff up.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Finance”