Scion of Oona

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

Hi, question about this card.

A few months ago. I got a Scion of Oona for 4 dollars. Then yesterday I checked, the card has doubled in price at 8-10 dollars.

What caused this price increase?
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

I would say there is some interest in some of the Faeries printed in Throne of Eldraine for Commander and maybe Modern.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

hmm, that's one possible reason.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

drmarkb

Post by drmarkb » 4 years ago

Yes, I sold a few in the run up to Eld.

Yawgmoth

Post by Yawgmoth » 4 years ago

The faerie tribal land from Lorwyn, Secluded Glen , went from $5 to $15 overnight when Eldraine was confirmed to contain faeries. I noticed the same thing happened with most of the other faeries that are remotely playable. I was trying to make a throwback faerie deck at the time and it ended up getting unnecessarily expensive because prices kept spiking. Some of the faeries have already come back to pre Eldraine prices.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Finance”