Breeding Pool

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

Hi, I have three near mint gatecrash Breeding Pool. Someone wants to buy them at 18 dollars each.

Do I sell now, or wait for the price to go higher?
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 4 years ago

I just do not see how shocks could sustain that kinda price even with pioneer. When they rotate out of standard or if oko gets banned they should crater right?

Breeding pools were like 5.50 when RTR rotated.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

I see... then got to hope Oko does not get ban. ><
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

drmarkb

Post by drmarkb » 4 years ago

Shocks are not going to plummet as low as they were previously; Pioneer needs shocks and the mana in Pioneer is bloody awful. They certainly won't crater- perhaps dipping a bit- people will try to accumulate them for Pioneer. When Pioneer stabilises its banlist and the big events start interest will be high, much more so than now. The initial buy in and buy outs at the start of Pioneer has given way to price rises in some shocks and potential staples like Thassa, but many people are waiting to see the initial bans before moving in, hence only marginal gains are being made compared to the price spikes we have seen in the past in other formats. Certain cards nudging the needle rather than busting it. I can't see the shocks going much higher than they are now, but also can't see huge craters back to five dollars. 18 is a solid deal, but I would not worry about them losing much more than that upon bans and rotation- they should be a staple currency of Pioneer- something people will always want.

SquirrelToken

Post by SquirrelToken » 4 years ago

The Fluff wrote:
4 years ago
Hi, I have three near mint gatecrash Breeding Pool. Someone wants to buy them at 18 dollars each.

Do I sell now, or wait for the price to go higher?
Personally, I'd only sell shocks if I had my playset, and even then I'd not be in a hurry to divest. They're so useful in so many formats. $18 per is a decent deal, but I'd hold for now/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Finance”