Trinisphere

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

Hi, I've moved a number of cards thanks to the suggestions from this section of the forum.

Now, here's one more question. I have one Trinisphere, darksteel near mint. Someone wants to buy it for 40 dollars. Is this a good sell?
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

SquirrelToken

Post by SquirrelToken » 4 years ago

The Fluff wrote:
4 years ago
Hi, I've moved a number of cards thanks to the suggestions from this section of the forum.

Now, here's one more question. I have one Trinisphere, darksteel near mint. Someone wants to buy it for 40 dollars. Is this a good sell?
In person, or distance? If you're handing them the card, I'd say it's a decent deal. TCGp price is $45 shipped for the cheapest version. Completed listings on eBay range from $35 to $45. If you don't have to pay shipping on it, $40 is fine since you're not paying market fees. If they want you to cover shipping, that eats about $5, so I'd ask for $45 if they want it shipped.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

in person. I never ship as there's plenty of hassle involved in that.

thanks for the advice, will sell it then. :)
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

drmarkb

Post by drmarkb » 4 years ago

3 sphere is an odd card, I have moved many, having bought in at 3 Euro. The main issue is people are reluctant to pay cash for them, they trade well but fetch a smaller percentage of their dollar value than most. If you move them for cash you are doing well.
They are a Legacy powerhouse, but are limited role players in Modern, for them to sell well it needs to be the other way round.

Tanksley
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Tanksley » 4 years ago

Why do you think that is? Do you think these cards could be a good investment?

SquirrelToken

Post by SquirrelToken » 4 years ago

Tanksley wrote:
4 years ago
Why do you think that is? Do you think these cards could be a good investment?
Many more people play Modern than Legacy, so there's a lot more demand for Modern staples than for Legacy staples. Obviously there's a good bit of overlap in the two categories; cards like Snapcaster Mage are cross-format all-stars, but Trinisphere is much more of a Legacy and Vintage card than it is a Modern card and thus the demand is only from the smaller Legacy and Vintage crowds.

drmarkb

Post by drmarkb » 4 years ago

Spot on. Modern dominates the pricing, and Commander contributes too.

Legacy cards that get a little to some Modern play tend only to be worth lots if they are all star main deck cards across many decks in the Legacy format and not easy to reprint, or if they are RL. Chalice is a great example- it sees some Modern play, maybe a bit more than trinisphere but not by much, some EDH play, it does see lots of Legacy play in two very good Eldrazi decks (Post Eldrazi (of which there are two versions) and straight up aggro), plus Dragon Stompy/Red prison, and then old decks like Merfolk, Stax and Metalworker variant lists (of which there are many). You also see decks like Soldier Stompy and other Stompy lists from time to time. Chalice can't be replaced - its effect is unique.
Trinisphere by comparison is used in the 12 Post eldrazi and some stax lists, and as a board card in decks like Pox and even then some Stax lists use Sphere of Resistance.

In Modern too trinisphere can be replaced by other hosing options like Damping Sphere etc.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Finance”