Printing variations

SquirrelToken
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by SquirrelToken » 4 years ago

With the imminent release of Throne of Eldraine, rare/mythic cards will soon have SEVEN different printings for every Standard set release:

Pack nonfoil
Pack foil
Prerelease foil
Promo pack nonfoil
Promo pack foil
Extended/borderless/showcase nonfoil
Extended/borderless/showcase foil

This list is in chronological order of release, not price order. That said, here's how I expect the hierarchy to work.

1) Pack nonfoil
There's not much room for these to go down further. Most pack nonfoils are essentially worthless these days.
2) Promo pack nonfoil
It's slightly special, but barely.
3) Extended/Borderless/Showcase nonfoil
It's cooler, but mostly because the cost of entry is so high. Really depends on the ratio, and MODO redemption. I can see this higher on the list, but we'll have to see how it shakes out. Will probably vary based on individual art (remember that extended and showcase are alt-art).
4&5) Pack foil/prerelease foil
I've been tracking these for a bit now, and the pack foils and prerelease foils frequently are around the same price. Not always, but frequently.
6) Promo pack foil
Maybe it's only because these are new that they're not trending with the pack/prerelease foils. There's not enough data yet, but I expect that they'll eventually trend towards the other two foils. The silver stamp isn't really game-changing enough.
7) Extended/Borderless/Showcase foils
This is how Masterpieces work for now. Clearly the "best" version of all of these. I expect that they'll be expensive.

What are your thoughts on all this? Is my ranking off? Let's talk about it!

The N82O Molecule

Post by The N82O Molecule » 4 years ago

Ill tackle this, as its my favorite topic. . .money

I think its going to fail. its to much.

first, the beginning. . .
what made the "masterpieces" was always, powerful cards with cool art, and the chance to get them (and this is important) on top of getting what you were paying for. even with the chances at like 1 per three boxes (I could be wrong)
the point here is that you could always potentially get one. it was good for the budget kid cause they hit the lottery when they open one . it was good for pack sales. my only complaint was the extreme rarity

then as magic does, they saw the value in it, their eyes went ka-ching, and its been downhill ever since.

before the beginning
now a digression
remember in alliances they printed alt art on cards and it made for fun chase in early magic, "oh this card has two arts. . cool"

now, its seems magic sees the value in this too. there are those die hard collectors that got money burning a hole somewhere

after the beginning
then you have the "planeswalkers masterpieces", I think this taught them that there are players that will pay for exotic prints of "powerful" cards. I tried this, and heres what I learned
first rav - low expectation of demand
second rav - printed to many
war - people finally got the idea of these and this one went to the ebay buyers, low print run like first rav

somewhere now after but not the end
so eldraine.
what they did is they took the "masterpiece" out basically (yes im aware this is wrong but bare with me) said hey, pay more for this and get what you want. [this is actually a good thing in terms of markets, but] whats going to kill them is the rng of pack opening.

see most the alt art isn't going to be worth it. this alt art will, well it should, be more cost than standard print in the secondary market. I don't see players paying more for a card in the secondary market very often. obv I cant say it doesn't happen (players paying more for a specific print).

im not sure where im at logically at this point, as I am passionate about this concept and also adhd which im sure some can appreciate

to wrap this up though.

what "masterpieces" was, was great. powerful cards almost anyone would be happy to open at chance.
taking the masterpieces out of the pack and making it its own product with the planeswalkers, turned this idea into a "club". if you cant pay for it or get it online in the 5 minutes before this stuff sells out, you don't get any (you aint in the club, your in line with me, and its cold out). to now where you have to spend the money (like planewalkers) but you aren't guaranteed the power cards.

here is where the part in the movie Tommy Boy about the "guarantee on the box" comes in, but substitute special print for guarantee and I think it works.

my end
the money.
I only have 100$ before (think zendy) this buys me a box and a chance, but I get 36 packs

now if I want special cards I need 20$ for possible good fancy, that's 15 cards, where as if it were packs it is 75 cards. and we haven't even talked about brawl decks. this math is where I think they will lose it. also from what I understand even the standard pack has a chance for a fancy art, so technically you still have the 100$ for 36 packs but we are not talking about masterpieces which are cards you want to open. we are talking about the same card that could be a common in the pack.

I gotta stop and collect my thoughts, maybe some feedback, but I think my point is in there somewhere, I am not a writer.

two thumbs up

CalebLost
The Prince of the Ravens
Answers: 5
Pronoun: he / him

Post by CalebLost » 4 years ago

Showcases and Borderless PW (both foil and non-foil) has a chance to appear in the normal draft-boosters (don't know if the ratio is better from the masterpieces)
The only thing exclusive to the collector boosters are the extended art (the UMA-topper type)
Current Duel Commander Decks
EnemyShard
MerenAlesha
Rashmi
Jhoira
Tajic

SquirrelToken

Yeah, time to revise the rankings. Showcase goes in with regular pack foil. Borderless stays as "the new hotness" at the top of the rankings. Prices for borderless cards are pretty insane right now, but I expect that as the set gets opened - and remember, collector boosters will be sold at big box stores - people will realize that borderless cards aren't THAT rare.

[mention]The N82O Molecule[/mention] I'm wondering what you mean by "it's too much". It's certainly a lot, and I've given up on collecting one of every card (my ability to realistically do that died with BFZ, and got exiled in ELD). But these are just new offerings, so it doesn't change the normal pack experience. Nobody HAS to get them, not even me.

The N82O Molecule

so say you have a pie, being all that you purchase magic the gathering

originally all "pie" was was "packs", (bare with me)

then came preconstructed decks. . .so then you had to reevaluate your "pie"

to move forward to now

so "pie" (and for simplicity sake say "pie" is money in one year) now its part packs, part edh decks, part extra (extra is like modern horizons), part preconstructed decks, etc. you set your "pie" but now its crazy big and sliced up specifically.

but now magic has went and pointed at your section you have for packs. they basically are trying to reset that part of the "pie", to generate more "pie" for themselves (obviously right. . .its a business)

but you cant make something out of nothing, even one where people give money to other people so they can watch people play video games

there is only so much a individual person can do, and im speaking as a representative of this. my "pie" is only so big, and my pie is not big. in comparison to peers its pretty low, but still larger than a new player. this is where the joke gets sad, they can print it a million different ways but the player cant create more "pie"

ok obv disclaimers, you can shift pie resources right? but that's not "growth" right. magic wants last years budget plus 12% (lol)

and on second thought perhaps this wont be a bad thing for wizards, cause retailers will buy what they print. take the 450$ eldraine thing. . .it sold out. . .and it doesn't take a lot of zeros to make 450 a large number. maybe im just bent cause its stuff I will never see, or maybe its because I never stood a chance. haha

like the brawl decks. . .did I miss those? they already sold out?

the economics of it all is rather baffling I guess imo

SquirrelToken

The N82O Molecule wrote:
4 years ago
so say you have a pie, being all that you purchase magic the gathering
Ah, I get you now. You're saying that it's one more thing to buy, and WOTC isn't going to get more money from people, they're just going to cut back purchases in other areas.

Yeah, I tend to agree with that. My MTG budget is stretched pretty thin at this point with the barrage of products, and I imagine that I'm not alone.

That said, the vast majority of these borderless cards have dropped precipitously and are now pretty affordable. Which is nice. I opened a few Collector Boosters, and I'm thinking "Nah, not for me". Going forward, I'm going to stick with my habit of picking up singles.

drmarkb

Post by drmarkb » 4 years ago

The main thing is that they don't make standard cards worthless like they did with Masterpieces and Expeditions
The misconception was that price stopped people playing Standard and masterpieces etc. were an attempt to lower the price of other cards by soaking up more of the EV of a box into the dreaded masterpiece idea. The whole thing unravelled when draft after draft became a pile of worthless cards and they realised money was not the reason people didn't want to play Standard.

With the new versions it is harder to tell what is going on price wise, but so far it does not look like the masterpiece scenario.

The N82O Molecule

[mention]SquirrelToken[/mention] yup you hit the nail on the head.

I wish I could see the numbers. number like how many are unpurchased and how many packs generated.

hate to say it but I think the collectors boosters were a big success for them

I wont fall for it twice though. . .I hope. . .lol

[mention]drmarkb[/mention]
I agree with you. if one is not a pretentious* player this is actually their market to shine. Magic is basically putting their pointer finger right in "wallet" of players who "need" top baller rare prints. (I opened a pack and immediately realized this was not for me (I don't like foil cards))
I don't think these cards will get masterpieces prices (well maybe a foil rarest art oko or similar) but for the most part the rares aren't that chase, unlike the masterpieces which were mostly sought after (im looking at you masterpieces ornithopter) haha

however its still extra grindy for the collector who just wants one of every card. lol

*I think I used the right word here but there may be a even better one

SquirrelToken

The N82O Molecule wrote:
4 years ago
I don't think these cards will get masterpieces prices (well maybe a foil rarest art oko or similar) but for the most part the rares aren't that chase, unlike the masterpieces which were mostly sought after
These are certainly starting out at starting Masterpiece prices. The top few (Oko, Emry, Henge) are all around or higher than where Sol Ring was when Kaladesh came out. They're dropping now, but in a year or so I expect them to have rebounded.

The N82O Molecule

if the cards do maintain a "masterpieces" value than I hate to say it, but they might be smarter than they look.

some of the cards, oko for example, are just riding the high of being a new powerful card that invented a deck. would you agree?

so then we have to see what happens to the price of the cards when they leave standard?

I still don't want to like it. something about it feels off. even though I think you have a lot of full bellies out there (ie people getting what they want)

SquirrelToken

The N82O Molecule wrote:
4 years ago
if the cards do maintain a "masterpieces" value than I hate to say it, but they might be smarter than they look.

some of the cards, oko for example, are just riding the high of being a new powerful card that invented a deck. would you agree?

so then we have to see what happens to the price of the cards when they leave standard?

I still don't want to like it. something about it feels off. even though I think you have a lot of full bellies out there (ie people getting what they want)
Oko is a Standard card, but at 3 mana it's definitely got Modern potential. Emry is a straight-to-Modern card that also works well in EDH. Henge is total EDH material, but may have some Standard potential. It's no different from the Tango Lands or the Gearhulks. Some were Standard-only, and some went the distance. The ones that were Standard-only are languishing, but the ones that can go the distance maintain a decent price. Since EVERY card has a "Masterpiece" print, the normal set evaluation is magnified. I'd say the same thing about pack foils of those three cards even if this weren't a thing.

The N82O Molecule

so are the variations a good thing?

how many rares/mythic rares need a (25 divided by 3 or 4 basically) 7-9$ value to make a collectors booster have value. do you have a good chance at pulling your monies worth? I feel the argument currently is that the value isn't there. however, in my case, I got a foil castle garenbrig, which is a 40$ foil. im basically in value town, which is bad right? or am I lucky and this is a false outlook

or in other words
is this a trick or a treat? (Halloween joke-nailed it)

CalebLost
The Prince of the Ravens

The N82O Molecule wrote:
4 years ago
so are the variations a good thing?

how many rares/mythic rares need a (25 divided by 3 or 4 basically) 7-9$ value to make a collectors booster have value. do you have a good chance at pulling your monies worth? I feel the argument currently is that the value isn't there. however, in my case, I got a foil castle garenbrig, which is a 40$ foil. im basically in value town, which is bad right? or am I lucky and this is a false outlook

or in other words
is this a trick or a treat? (Halloween joke-nailed it)
Opening sealed products to get money back is rarely worth unless you get something huge.
BUT the collectors have a lot of things that can go well (1 slot assured for foil r/mr + 1 slot extended + 3 slot alt-art that can be all rarities or borderless pw + ancillary that can get you the brawl commanders/signet/kenrith).
I feel it's easier to get back a good value (even without breaking even) from collectors than from normal boosters, with the recent price raise in Europe a normal booster at LGS goes for 4.9€ and 48 of the rares and 5 mythics are less than 1€
EnemyShard
MerenAlesha
Rashmi
Jhoira
Tajic

SquirrelToken

CalebLost wrote:
4 years ago
Opening sealed products to get money back is rarely worth unless you get something huge.
These are hugely swingy. You can get a sweet borderless mythic, a borderless foil, and a brawl commander/signet in your ancillary. Or you can get Severing Stroke as your borderless, a random foil rare (most of them are dollar-bin foils), and a tapland as your ancillary (oh yeah, I got that, it SUCKS). I feel like if you're going to do it, you need to go all-in and get a box to minimize variance.

The N82O Molecule

so, are these packs like buying a car? hoping someone takes the initial price hit, then you swoop in and buy it after a couple miles? - sorta haha

well its like hoping to not buy a lemon? so you hope a person drives it a while and it turns out great so then you want it? - maybe haha
-cause here the price may not go the way you want

anyway I feel that these packs, in general, are negative, at least at their current price dynamic. if you are a budget player, these are not bang for your buck.

the question "are they worth it" becomes multi dimensional.

are these packs (and their intent) a healthy trajectory for magic? do they make you WANT to spend more money vs syphoning from other magic purchases?
but most importantly are the economics good? is everyone winning, as I stated above I don't think so (this is where id like to be a fly on the wall at the financial meetings and such)

and lastly are we going to see this again with the very next set?

SquirrelToken

The N82O Molecule wrote:
4 years ago
anyway I feel that these packs, in general, are negative, at least at their current price dynamic. if you are a budget player, these are not bang for your buck.
Ummm, it's been very clear from the get-go that Collector Boosters are not for the budget player.
The N82O Molecule wrote:
4 years ago
are these packs (and their intent) a healthy trajectory for magic? do they make you WANT to spend more money vs syphoning from other magic purchases?
but most importantly are the economics good? is everyone winning, as I stated above I don't think so (this is where id like to be a fly on the wall at the financial meetings and such)
It really depends on how much I like the set. I really like Eldraine, and I wanted to get ahold of a large cross-section. Most of the boosters that I opened had at least one card that made me happy. Did I break even with every booster? Absolutely not, not even at $10/pack. Should I have just bought singles? Probably. Will I do this again?

We'll see. If I like Return to Theros, I'll probably try to pick up another box. If I just want Elspeth and that's it, I'll probably just buy Elspeth.
The N82O Molecule wrote:
4 years ago
and lastly are we going to see this again with the very next set?
Yeah. We're definitely getting these with the next set. 100% guaranteed. MaRo said in his article that this was the debut of the different booster types, and they're definitely not rolling it back immediately. We got at least a year or two of these things before WOTC evaluates sales.

The N82O Molecule

yeah you got me, I think what I as trying to say is. . .well im over it lol

[mention]SquirrelToken[/mention] if each pack was fun to open then maybe thats it. I won't lie im glad I got the two packs I found, but now I can't find anymore (im not searching hard).

I guess ill look forward to all this :/ sad face happy face

I think I just want to find "the catch" and so far im not finding one

SquirrelToken

Theros: Beyond Death is shaking up the Collector Booster contents slightly, and that's worth a look. Let's see what we get:

1) Two premium foil basic Nyx Lands—these are the full-art lands showcasing Nyx art that we showed off last week. Every Collector Booster comes with two foil versions of these sweet lands.
2) Eight premium foil common, uncommon, or non-Nyx basic lands—there are 111 commons (including non-Nyx basic lands) and 80 uncommons in the set. Each booster will have eight cards from among those cards.
3) One ancillary card—each booster will contain one card from a Theros Beyond Death ancillary release, including Planeswalker Decks, Theme Boosters, and the Buy-a-Box promo.
4) One non-foil rare or mythic with the extended-art frame—similar to the Throne of Eldraine Collector Booster frames, these have extended art across the borders.
5) One premium foil rare or mythic rare—these can be either standard-frame or foil versions of the Collector Booster frame (point 4 above).
6) One non-foil Saga or constellation showcase-frame card—these can be uncommon, rare, or mythic rare and can include the borderless planeswalkers.
7) One foil constellation showcase-frame card—this slot will have one of the five uncommon showcase demigods, one of the six showcase rares, or one of the three borderless planeswalkers.
8) One premium foil token from Theros Beyond Death.

If I'm looking at buying a Collector Booster, what am I looking for? Well, I'm glad that WOTC started their list with the Nyx Lands, because that's pretty sweet right there. I'm estimating that they're going to be about $5 per, and that's a good start for this pack.
#2 is a hard pass, value-wise. Unless we end up with a chase uncommon like Fatal Push (the gold standard for a modern value uncommon), the commons and uncommon foils will just end up being worthless. It's even worse because WOTC has decided to add normal basics to the mix, and since those appear in a foil pack in the bundle the prices are pushed down even further. This is definitely the "filler" of the pack, and what I'd like to see pared down even further.
#3, the ancillary card. With no Brawl deck legends/Signet to prop up the prices on this, we're looking at more dollar-bin rares. Athreos will be the pick of the litter, but this is basically another worthless slot unless you get quite lucky.
#4, the extended art rare. This is just a weird slot. Eldraine values are mostly in the $2-$5 range, with a handful of chase cards in the $15-$25 range. With the gods and planeswalkers not available in this slot, I don't have much hope for it.
#5, the foil rare. This is the first big swing slot. Foil borderless cards seemed like they'd be very hot in Eldraine. When the set was first released, if you cracked just about any borderless foil, you made your money back on a $20 pack. Not so much anymore, it seems. The hot ones will still be hot - foil borderless Nyx Lotus is going to be a nice pull - but it's less clumpy at the high end, and more distributed towards the $1-$5 range.
#6, dedicated showcase slot. This one is going to depend on the ratio. 6 gods and 3 planeswalkers are obviously the hot pulls, but there are also 5 uncommon demigods and at least a few Sagas. Last time we had Sagas, they were cool but not expensive (History of Benalia aside, and I don't think that we have space for a mythic saga) so I'm putting them on the failure side of the ledger from an "I'm opening a $25 pack" perspective. If every card has an equal chance of appearing then we're probably looking at about a 40% chance of a hot mythic. If there's a ratio which makes uncommons more prevalent, then this will be a bust slot.
#7, foil showcase slot. Okay, now we're cooking with gas. Unless they ratio it out and make the uncommons more common than the mythics, we've got 9 hits to 5 misses, giving us about 2:1 odds of opening a foil planeswalker or God. This is the temptation slot. This is what makes me want to buy a box. One word of warning - though these may be "showcase", people may prefer the "regular" art. However, that's not enough to make me cool on this slot.
#8, foil token. From Eldraine, these are now a couple bucks for the "mythic" tokens, or less than a dollar for most. Not a consideration unless we get some amazing art on a token that has eternal use (Soldier, Zombie, etc.).

So, final analysis? 2x foil Nyx baiscs, a foil showcase that has good odds of being mythic, and three chances (4,5,6) of a card that's at least decent? I'm buying at $20, probably not at $25, definitely not at $30. What's your price point for a pack?

The N82O Molecule

I was wondering if this convo would continue

is there a likely hood that they will print more (bigger print run) this time then eldraine?

I think what may have sold this was the exclusivity of it all the first time around. now that the dust is settling, what direction is the hype going? I wonder this because im favoring just buying packs and hoping for the alt arts in it. a little bonus have you.

you really think the new lands will be at the 5$ mark? im not arguing with you persay. aren't there alternative ways to get those lands?

secondly are these cards sitting in game shops looking pretty or are people buying them for the cost via secondary market? if so then I think I see a value window.

also, with your projected math, is 20$ worth it? 25$ then? id pay 12$ (don't laugh to hard), I just have a top line and that just buying 3 regular packs, up to 5 basic packs. secondly modern horizons had 3 packs for 20 and I fell for that hard. (I know they don't really coralate but please look past all that) (for the most part the modern horizons packs were losers)

in other words I guess ill buy one, at least a pack. . .I love a good gamble. that being said im not excited this time around. glitz and shine just don't sell to me. (I agree with your #2 statement whole heartedly)

also, with your projected math, is 20$ worth it? 25$ then? id pay 12$ (don't laugh to hard), I just have a top line and that just buying 3 regular packs, up to 5 basic packs. secondly modern horizons had 3 packs for 20 and I fell for that hard. (I know they don't really coralate but please look past all that) (for the most part the modern horizons packs were losers)

anyway love your show!

SquirrelToken

Well, AFAIK the collector booster run from Eldraine isn't too limited - it was just the Deluxe Edition that was really limited. ELD collector boosters are still pretty readily available at $25. I'm seeing Theros Beyond Death collector boosters available online for $20-$25 per.

I do think that the new lands will be $5. There are other ways to get them, but people who want them want a LOT. They're so unique that I don't see the price going down. So $20 is totally worth it if they stay at $5. I go to a lot of big events, so I can trade stuff like that really easily. That makes it $10 for lands that are really liquid and can be traded/sold for $10 worth of stuff that I want, and $10 for a foil rare, an EA rare, a foil showcase, and really decent shot at a god/PW.

I'm not going to laugh at $12, although I will say that you'll be lucky to find any at that price, and if you do I'd be wary of them being leftovers from a box where the foil EAs were all pulled already.

The N82O Molecule

you can laugh its fine. (my point if I had one would be that all numbers are made up, expecially when it comes to the word value)

I guess (well I live in a small town next to a very large metro) I just don't see the collectors boosters on shelves at the stores I visit so Im a outlier apparently (no big deal).

I imagine that these packs increase bottom line for Hasbro. but man 1 pack, for 25 dollars, that's 6 basic boosters. forget tax math. do you think that 1 collectors booster is better than 6 packs?

im a person that wants all the cards. so buying packs isn't a means to an end (get cards and trade for whats wanted) whatever I get is the end. I bring this up cause I want all the regular cards AND the fancy art cards. so I want maximum amount of cards for payment. but these collectors booster mess with the "math" (this is why im so about the conversation) in other words (I think) this isn't a comparison of apples (collectors boosters) to apples (regular packs) (to me), but I want all the fruit. I just want to get understanding about what fruit. I want strawberries, not figs. lol

your land math has me sold for the most part and that has nothing to do with the possible value of the rares. one thing I know about magic is invest in mana. I still count my original zendikar full art foils.

SquirrelToken

1 collector booster is way better than 6 draft boosters. Let's break it down.

6 draft boosters gets you 6 rares/mythics, 18 uncommons, and possibly one foil.
1 collector booster gets you 2 foil Nyx lands, 8 C/U mix, 3 guaranteed rares (one of which is guaranteed to be foil), and 3 slots that might be rare. Let's call them a collective fifty-fifty shot. So that's four and a half rares, one and a half of which are foil. So you get fewer uncommons, but if you think of the foil Nyx lands as rares (and value-wise, they're better than most of the rares that you'll open in a draft pack), you're getting 6.5 rares in a collector booster to 6 rares in your 6 draft boosters. Between the collector boosters and the promo packs, normal rares are being pushed pretty low in value.

The N82O Molecule

the collectors boosters clearly are for the enfranchised players (or people that like to "pimp" decks)

my only argument that 6 packs is better than 1 cb is you can play the game with six packs.

so are these healthy then?
drives rares down for the budget player, while providing something people want. this is good, but if there was a ven diagram the overlap is pretty ugly. why ever buy the six packs?

maybe im trying to relate the two and you just cant. this to me is bad. they are attempting more economy (you gotta get this AND that vs this OR that). I don't think there is more economy. maybe there are more rich well off people with incomprehensible budgets some puny brained person like me can fathom.

SquirrelToken

I mean, they call it "draft boosters" because you draft with them. I like draft, a lot. I don't think that draft would work well with collector boosters - too clunky, not enough cheap creatures, removal, or synergy. And if you're looking for pure card volume, 6 > 1. But commons and uncommons are essentially free, and many, many rares cost less than a buck. You have to ask what you're looking for. With things like this pushing down the cost of regular rares, I think that we're being directed towards the singles market. 1 collector booster vs 6 draft boosters isn't the question that we should be asking, it's what singles can we get for $20?

With these in particular, I don't think that there's very much of the "get this AND that". The only thing that you can get in these that you can't get elsewhere is the extended-art rare, and it functions the same as the non-extended version (and other than some few foils, there's not even that much of a multiplier).

Full disclosure - I'm buying some of these. I got a LOT of overtime a few weeks ago, and I wanted to reward myself with something nice. We'll see how happy they make me.

CalebLost
The Prince of the Ravens

I got a collector booster box (so 12 boosters) and I have to say that I'm really positive to it. My last experience with ELD was ok (1 box spilt with a friend) but THB was way better as card distributions.

Little premise: I'm mainly a DuelCommander player and a fan of foil/variants so this product hits all my checkboxes :)
  • The 2x foil nyx land is a nice thing because of the peculiarity of the lands (I hope that in future sets this 2 slot will revert in normal c/uc foil slot), and I REALLY like this lands so 24 foils are a good thing.
  • The common/uncommon foil slot is ok because I will need a small number of c/uc for brawls and niche cards for some commander, so having them in foil is the best I can go for.
  • The Extended R/M and Foil R/M got me a good number of cards I looked after and 1 mythic extended (Kroxa) and 1 foil mythic (Thassa) and 2 Foil extended (Atris and Phoenix)
  • The Showcase/Foil Showcase slots (that included constellations and borderless) was what really hit the spot this time, having a small pool of constellations meant having a good chance to hit something good. I got all 3 borderless PW, constellation Thassa, foil constellation Heliod and Purhoros and 2x foil of each demigod.
  • The ancillary slot as always is a bit luckluster because the cards are extremely low power level that nobody will play them (DuelCommander wise, I know some can be EDH playable) but I got both PW (I collect PWs)
Overall I say I'm pleased with this product despite the high price tag, but I prefer to spend a little more upfront and get all cards that I want to keep (excluding some duplicate c/uc) versus draft booster boxes where I end up giving away a ton of c/uc/duplicate rares
EnemyShard
MerenAlesha
Rashmi
Jhoira
Tajic

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Finance”