Primordial Hydra

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

PrimordialHydra.jpg
Primordial Hydra

Not sure if post here or in modern prices discussion, but anyway here goes.

Many years ago, I liked this card when it was in Standard. However, it cost a lot while being standard legal.
Waited for it to rotate before buying a playset. But for some reason the price does not drop below 10$. What could be the reason that the price of this hydra is not dropping? EDH demand? I'm sure it's not being used by any competitive modern deck.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

SquirrelToken

Post by SquirrelToken » 4 years ago

I haven't split out format-specific topics yet. I'm hoping that we get enough people talking about formats to make it happen, but single-card questions are always welcome.

The biggest market for MTG cards is casual players. It's not even close. Primordial Hydra is an amazing casual/EDH card. That's about it. People all over the world are willing to pay $40 for the privilege of jamming a playset at the kitchen table.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

Thanks. I see... guess this hydra still has some casual appeal to it.
Checked out some other places, and the lowest prices are at 8-9 there for slightly played versions. Not the amount I'm willing to give out for a card that I only plan to use for fun.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Finance”