Khans fetch lands and Darkslick Shors

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 2 years ago

Hi, I have 40+ khans fetch lands of various kinds.. bought them at about 10 dollars each during Khans standard.

Seems like they have all risen in price. What do people think, is it wise to sell now, or wait for prices to go higher?

On another thing. Darkslick Shores seems to be at a moderate price as well. Have a playset, is it time to sell now? Currently not using them.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Arebennian

Post by Arebennian » 2 years ago

I think they will slowly increase in price until their next reprint (...wow. wild prediction). They have seemingly quickly risen in price to match the price of the equivalent enemy fetches just printed.

I'd guess that they will do Commander Legends 2 for the non-standard experimental set next year, followed by Modern Horizons 3 the year following (2023?). I'd guess that they will be reprinted in MH3 (perhaps).

MTGFINANCE on reddit might be worth trawling through for your own research.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

thanks for the opinion.
I'll observe maybe a month more, then start to sell after that.

These are what I have. Not as many as I had hoped, the fetches are actually only 39 pieces.
But I do hope to still make some profits from them.

7 windswept
6 delta
7 mire
11 strand
8 foothills

and 4 darkslick shores
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

checked some online stores and reddit.

enemy fetches are going down, while allied fetches are still creeping slowly upwards.

I'll hold off another month or two before sell.

wildfire393
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by wildfire393 » 2 years ago

Yeah allied fetches are on the upswing right now because enemy fetches are at lows they haven't hit since before Modern existed.

There's no indication if or when they plan to print them again. I could see a secret lair ultimate edition with them maybe, but that barely moved the needle. They've shown they don't need fetches to sell sets like Commander Legends, Double Masters, or Jumpstart, so they aren't likely to be in any of those sets (I'd say there's a decent shot the Darkslick cycle are in Double Masters because they're worth just enough that they'll help push packs without shoveling unnecessary value into them). They've straight-up said they'll never be reprinted in Standard. So it's likely we won't see a meaningful reprint until 2023 at the earliest. And especially with Premodern gaining popularity, where allied fetches are legal and fairly good, I think the ceiling on those cards is a bit higher yet.

The best time to sell is obviously right before they announce their intent to reprint them. Obviously you can't pinpoint that exactly, but given the timeframe of their announcement days you're likely safe until the middle of next year. If the pandemic gets neatly tied up in the next few months, paper play will resume en-masse and that means a lot of people playing paper Commander and Modern where they didn't have the opportunity, which is going to drive prices up further. I would not be surprised to see Deltas up to $80-100 and Strands to $70-80 by July of next year.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

thanks for those info. Sorry for late reply, it was an intense week for me. Corona is still a thing in my country. And also my backup pc had it's gpu fried during a lightning surge.

anyway, planning to sell at least half of what I got.. because Christmas is coming, and as said.. a gpu got toasted, and needs to be replaced. +_+

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Finance”