Is it known what plane Elspeth came from?

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 3 years ago

Hi, this is just out of curiousity, and for the sake of knowing her origins.

I read a webcomic several years ago where young Elspeth was imprisoned by phyrexians - that is before she became a planeswalker. Is it known what plane is that place where she was imprisoned?
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

We do not know the plane, as it's name has never been revealed. We do know that she sparked at a very early age and the first plane she went to was the Bant shard of Alara.

After her ordeal in Theros, including her death and escape from the underworld, as well as Ashiok's unintentional helping her overcome her fears, I fully expect her to return home to fight of the Phyrexians.

There has been some speculation that she is from Mercadia, but the pre-invasion Phyrexians were on hundreds of planes, and she could also be from any plane that Karn visited after he became a planeswalker and accidentally spread the glistening oil to dozens of planes. *If* she is from Mercadia, and that is a very big if, that would make her Thran, as the humans of Mercadia are descendants of the survivors of the Thran - Phyrexian war brought there by Ramos.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 3 years ago

oh, I see now. So that plane is really unnamed. Thought I just missed it's name somewhere.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

The Fluff wrote:
3 years ago
oh, I see now. So that plane is really unnamed. Thought I just missed it's name somewhere.
We've never been told where she is from, that is not the same as the plane is unknown. We just don't know. It could be a known plane, it could be not.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Lore”