5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 3 years ago

As we gonna get spoilers soon I figured I'd toss this up;

What we know;

-Teferi is in the set as the focus.

From Maro;

- A brand new planeswalker (from a plane we've visited)
- A character with a Vanguard card and a legendary creature card gets a second of the latter.
- A popular character first introduced in flavor text
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet
Pronoun: she / her

Post by clariwench » 3 years ago

M21, not M20...
"Would that both gods above and demons below could protect me from good people. A man dubbed evil will take your purse, but a so-called ‘good man’ will not be content until he has ripped out your very heart.” - Davriel Cane, Children of the Nameless

Alchemy Mono Red Burn -- Historic Izzet Phoenix -- Historic Grixis Yorion Fires RIP -- Modern Burn -- Legacy Burn -- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV EDH -- Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH -- Kess, Dissident Mage EDH -- Jorn, God of Winter Brawl -- Gutmorn, Pactbound Servant Historic Brawl -- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame Historic Brawl -- Killian, Ink Duelist Historic Brawl -- Niv-Mizzet, Parun Historic Brawl

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 3 years ago

looking forward to seeing the new planeswalker.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

I'm just hoping it is a new planeswalker from a plane we've visited but which does not currently have planeswalker representation.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Atraxian

Post by Atraxian » 3 years ago

Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
I'm just hoping it is a new planeswalker from a plane we've visited but which does not currently have planeswalker representation.
unconfirmed leaks
Show
Hide
if the leaks are true, the planeswalker is a man seemingly from Amonkhet.

if this is true, he is kind of a mix between Gideon and Elspeth.
Angels Enthusiast
Avacyn, Casual Angel Tribal

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Atraxian wrote:
3 years ago
Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
unconfirmed leaks
Show
Hide

Well that is annoying.
due to unconfirmed leaks
Show
Hide
So instead of getting a planeswalker from a plane that has no representation we are getting a second one from a plane with a very limited population due to the events of Hour of Devastation, not only that but another *human* instead of, oh, I dunno, any other race native to the plane.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Mapccu

Post by Mapccu » 3 years ago

Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
Atraxian wrote:
3 years ago
Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
unconfirmed leaks
Show
Hide

Well that is annoying.
due to unconfirmed leaks
Show
Hide
So instead of getting a planeswalker from a plane that has no representation we are getting a second one from a plane with a very limited population due to the events of Hour of Devastation, not only that but another *human* instead of, oh, I dunno, any other race native to the plane.
Not so sure on the second spoiler.
or it could be
Show
Hide
Teferi finds a way to interact with or bring back his home. The walker could be someone who sparked while phased out and the spark allows him to phase in and track down Teferi. They duel, come to an agreement, and ultimately work together to bring it back.

That "protection spell" MaRo hinted at could be teferi's protection. It's not much different than a fog in standard against most decks and modern is a spiraling anyway so it probably won't matter there.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Mapccu wrote:
3 years ago
Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
Atraxian wrote:
3 years ago
unconfirmed leaks
Show
Hide

Well that is annoying.
due to unconfirmed leaks
Show
Hide
Not so sure on the second spoiler.
or it could be
Show
Hide
Teferi finds a way to interact with or bring back his home. The walker could be someone who sparked while phased out and the spark allows him to phase in and track down Teferi. They duel, come to an agreement, and ultimately work together to bring it back.

That "protection spell" MaRo hinted at could be teferi's protection. It's not much different than a fog in standard against most decks and modern is a spiraling anyway so it probably won't matter there.
Nah
Show
Hide
It's pretty obvious he's Amonkhetian, both from his name and his clothing.

5colorsrainbow

I"ll happily take more diverse humans over non-humans any day.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

5colorsrainbow wrote:
3 years ago
The issue isn't that he is human, it is that he is a human from *Amonkhet*, a plane that already has representation. Honestly, I'd have been more excited for a human walker from any plane or ethnicity that isn't already represented. A human from Rabiah perhaps. I have still to see any middle-eastern, Arab, or Persian planeswalker representation.

BeneTleilax

Post by BeneTleilax » 3 years ago

who actualy cares about literal core set flavor?

5colorsrainbow

Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
5colorsrainbow wrote:
3 years ago
The issue isn't that he is human, it is that he is a human from *Amonkhet*, a plane that already has representation. Honestly, I'd have been more excited for a human walker from any plane or ethnicity that isn't already represented. A human from Rabiah perhaps. I have still to see any middle-eastern, Arab, or Persian planeswalker representation.
Well thats kinda been brought up, Ancient Egypt was very diverse and had people of African, Middle Eastern and Europeans all found there. Basri seems to look more middle eastern leaning and his name is arabic in origin vs Samut is defiantly more African influences
BeneTleilax wrote:
3 years ago
who actualy cares about literal core set flavor?
Better having nothing to add to a forum besides %$#%. Go take a nap.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

also curious about the aura. What plane could it have come from.

and I hope it's a useful one. :)
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

5colorsrainbow

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

I am so happy to see Jolrael you wouldn't believe. Gotta love that ageless jungle princess.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Jolrael has has a nice new card. :)

Too bad cannot add her to my Kaheera cat deck, because she isn't a cat herself. :<

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Lore”