The Art of Magic the Gathering: War of the Spark

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 4 years ago

Well looks like the art books are coming back? (if they ever where discounted)... a year and several months later. Ignoring the ever more strange release of this sets story and lore, I wonder what all this will have. Ravnica itself already got an art book so I guess maybe more on Bolas plans worked and maybe some side stuff on the walkers we didn't get to see in the story.

If they continue this we might end up seeing the Theros story maybe in the Theros art book, thought hopefully they also include Eldraine too.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet
Pronoun: she / her

Post by clariwench » 4 years ago

It's odd that this doesn't even have an Amazon listing yet.

I think you're right and we'll see more details about what happened with the individual planeswalkers during the battle. It'll probably detail the aftermath, too.

Something must have gone wrong, like with the Gathering Storm, and this is coming out later than intended. Or maybe they saw the backlash from the story and decided to take extra time on this one?
"Would that both gods above and demons below could protect me from good people. A man dubbed evil will take your purse, but a so-called ‘good man’ will not be content until he has ripped out your very heart.” - Davriel Cane, Children of the Nameless

Alchemy Mono Red Burn -- Historic Izzet Phoenix -- Historic Grixis Yorion Fires RIP -- Modern Burn -- Legacy Burn -- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV EDH -- Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH -- Kess, Dissident Mage EDH -- Jorn, God of Winter Brawl -- Gutmorn, Pactbound Servant Historic Brawl -- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame Historic Brawl -- Killian, Ink Duelist Historic Brawl -- Niv-Mizzet, Parun Historic Brawl

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

the art of the cover looks really nice. There are probably even more good art packaged inside.

is it known how many pages is this artbook?
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet

Aha, found the Amazon link via a google search! https://www.amazon.com/Art-Magic-Gather ... 1974717356

Allegedly 240 pages.
"Would that both gods above and demons below could protect me from good people. A man dubbed evil will take your purse, but a so-called ‘good man’ will not be content until he has ripped out your very heart.” - Davriel Cane, Children of the Nameless

Alchemy Mono Red Burn -- Historic Izzet Phoenix -- Historic Grixis Yorion Fires RIP -- Modern Burn -- Legacy Burn -- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV EDH -- Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH -- Kess, Dissident Mage EDH -- Jorn, God of Winter Brawl -- Gutmorn, Pactbound Servant Historic Brawl -- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame Historic Brawl -- Killian, Ink Duelist Historic Brawl -- Niv-Mizzet, Parun Historic Brawl

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

240 pages. I assume all colored?

the 40 dollars is a fair price imo. :)
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet

It'll go way down in price after release! It'll even probably go on sale before release, tbh.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

huh, is it common for mtg artbooks to go down in price after release? Maybe I should delay buying it then.

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet

Yup. I looked back for reference at the Ravnica one, which was down to $31.87 (from $39.99) on release day when it shipped. It's currently $18.99.

Kaladesh is $26, Zendikar is $27, Amonkhet is $31, Ixalan is $25, Innistrad is $25, Dominaria is $23, and Legends & Concepts is $26.

Pretty much every book goes way down after release. I only buy books on release day if there's a pre-order special.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

alright. you convinced me. Would delay purchasing them a bit, to wait for the lower price.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Lore”