Scarab God and Locust God

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

Questions out of curiosity.

1. Now that Bolas is defeated, would Scarab God and Locust God be free from his control?

2. I've read that Hazoret and the survivors still need a hekma as protection from these two gods. Maybe Lily can go to Amonkhet, command these two gods to stop?
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 4 years ago

The Fluff wrote:
4 years ago
Questions out of curiosity.

1. Now that Bolas is defeated, would Scarab God and Locust God be free from his control?

2. I've read that Hazoret and the survivors still need a hekma as protection from these two gods. Maybe Lily can go to Amonkhet, command these two gods to stop?
I think i could be possible if they had a walker like Nissa (or Bolas) who could maybe re-write the leylines that make them up.

On the Liliana thing one thing it looks like the Scarab God and Locust God where corrupted are still living and not undead so Liliana prolly has no power to control them like the zombie god eternals.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

hmm, in Nissa's defeat Bolas told her that the soul of Amonkhet is dead. I'm wondering, in mtg lore, does it affect the leylines if the sould of a world is dead. Can the leylines still be fixed?

yeah, I guess those gods are not yet undead. So the leyline fixing thing seems to be the only hope.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

additional thoughts. I wonder why Bolas did not bring the Locust and Scarab gods when he went to war against Ravnica. Surely, having two additional gods would make his forces stronger. Or maybe Bolas is confident that his eternal army is already enough to win the war against the guilds of ravnica?

5colorsrainbow

The Fluff wrote:
4 years ago
hmm, in Nissa's defeat Bolas told her that the soul of Amonkhet is dead. I'm wondering, in mtg lore, does it affect the leylines if the sould of a world is dead. Can the leylines still be fixed?

yeah, I guess those gods are not yet undead. So the leyline fixing thing seems to be the only hope.
Not sure, Amonkhet still has a lot of question with how it was pre-Bolas since the when he came Naktamun was already the last city on the plane, the Hekma was already raised up to protect it and the curse of wandering was something already happening and Bolas just corrupted it for his own ends.
The Fluff wrote:
4 years ago
additional thoughts. I wonder why Bolas did not bring the Locust and Scarab gods when he went to war against Ravnica. Surely, having two additional gods would make his forces stronger. Or maybe Bolas is confident that his eternal army is already enough to win the war against the guilds of ravnica?
Thats a good question, real answer they had wanted the cool cycle/idea of zombie gods for War of the Spark and the Bolas gods didn't fit. If Id guess Bolas plans where coming together and he figured he could win as was since he didn't seem to personal go after Hazoret to make her a god eternal.

Also note Bolas never wanted to invade Ravnica it was all just to make his walker trap for the elder spell.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

Serpent_Steve
King of the Elementals!

Post by Serpent_Steve » 4 years ago

The Fluff wrote:
4 years ago
I can answer this. The Locust and Scarab Gods of Amonkhet are still made of living material so wouldn't have survived the trip over the planar bridge unlike the army of eternals (even the zombie gods were encased in Lazotep first). Also Bolas didn't off them and turn them into zombie gods is because the duo had already played their parts. The Scarab God marshalled the eternals until Bolas was able to wrangle Lili into leading them and the Locust God had done its part in tearing down the Hekma already.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

[mention]Serpent_Steve[/mention]

thanks for the info. Ah, so that's why Scarab God had plenty of eternals around him on his card art. Well, it's fortunate for the ravnicans these two powerful creaures are not able to go to Ravnica. They would have caused plenty casualties among the population. And Bolas would also be harder to take down if he still had these two to guard him.

[mention]5colorsrainbow[/mention]

with plenty of mysteries, and still enemies there that need to be defeated. I guess wotc might revisit Amonkhet someday. This is one of my favorite world. Egyptian is a really cool theme.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

additional thought. I read on the wiki that Sarkhan help make a new hekma. But what's stopping Locust God from using his power to destroy the hekma again? Or is this new hekma stronger than the previous one?

5colorsrainbow

The Fluff wrote:
4 years ago
additional thought. I read on the wiki that Sarkhan help make a new hekma. But what's stopping Locust God from using his power to destroy the hekma again? Or is this new hekma stronger than the previous one?
It seems as if the Bolas gods are mindless and need to be pre-programed, its likely the Locust God can't make any more locust without Bolas telling them too or needing Bolas power to do so. Bolas had set up everything on Amonkhet with the last bits of his old walker powers and Bontus working for him, so I'm guessing he can't repeat what happened during the hours at his will.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Lore”