creature that lays Dingus egg, what does it look like?

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 2 years ago

hi, had been curious about this card for awhile... Dingus Egg. :)

has it been mentioned in the books what a "Dingus" actually looks like?

and does the Dingus have a card in mtg, besides the egg? Interested to know what this creature really is.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

wildfire393
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by wildfire393 » 2 years ago

There's nothing on the MTG Wiki about Dingus Egg, I don't believe it was ever mentioned in any story. It was a card from Alpha, and for the most part, Alpha cards were just whatever Richard Garfield felt like making them.

In "A Collector's History of Magic the Gathering" by Ryan William Rooks, there's this card-specific note about Dingus Egg in the section about Alpha:
Dingus Egg - In parts of Eastern Europe the Monday after Easter is known as Dyngus Day which involves many egg-related activities such as egg painting and egg rolling.
Based on that, it seems likely that Garfield chose the name because of the association with that custom, and that's the start and end of its lore.

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb

Post by kirkusjones » 2 years ago

Man…now I want an alter of Dingus Egg with Steve Brule eating eggs…for your health!

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 2 years ago

@wildfire393

I see. Thanks for the info.

for sometime, I thought this Dingus was a bird of some sort. lol
guess we would never really know what it looks like, unless Garfield decides to expand it's lore in mtg.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Lore”