Get A Clue: Call The Irregulars, Refuse Magic, Exploit Existence

NUMBERS
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by NUMBERS » 4 years ago

Call The Irregulars
W
Instant
Create a 1/1 white Soldier creature token.

Investigate. (Create a colorless Clue artifact token with ", Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card.")

"I hate them."
-Grie, Goblin Fixer

Refuse Magic
1U
Instant
Ravenous (You may cast this spell for its ravenous cost. If you do, sacrifice a permanent as you cast it.)

Counter target non-creature spell.

"Well, that was rude."
-Gogugy, Street Merchant

Exploit Existence
2WB
Instant
Ravenous WB (You may cast this spell for its ravenous cost. If you do, sacrifice a permanent as you cast it.)

Target permanent's controller sacrifices it.

'What's yours is nothing.'

Old Editions
Show
Hide
Exploit Existence
2WB
Instant
Ravenous RRR (You may cast this spell for its ravenous cost. If you do, sacrifice a permanent as you cast it.)

Call The Irregulars
W
Instant
Create a 1/1 white Human Soldier creature token.

Investigate. (Create a colorless Clue artifact token with ", Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card.")

"I hate them."
-Grie, Goblin Fixer

Exploit Existence
3RR
Instant
Ravenous 1RR (You may cast this spell for its ravenous cost. If you do, sacrifice a permanent as you cast it.)

Nothing too novel today I don't think, but interested in feedback as always! :)
Last edited by NUMBERS 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
[FOB] Fallen Obalt | A custom set of Crime, Clues, and Sacrifice.

user_938036
Answers: 21
Pronoun: he / him

Post by user_938036 » 4 years ago

Call and refuse are both cool but Exploit is not a red card in the slightest. It's a white/black or black/green card. No single color gets destroy target permanent.

Call, normally tokens only get one type unless you have tribal synergies for both types. Its mostly to cut down on excess words. If there is sufficient flavor reasons for them to be humans and soldiers then that's fine but being irregulars seems to make even more sense for them to not be human or at least not uniform.

NUMBERS

user_938036 wrote:
4 years ago
Call and refuse are both cool but Exploit is not a red card in the slightest. It's a white/black or black/green card. No single color gets destroy target permanent.

Call, normally tokens only get one type unless you have tribal synergies for both types. Its mostly to cut down on excess words. If there is sufficient flavor reasons for them to be humans and soldiers then that's fine but being irregulars seems to make even more sense for them to not be human or at least not uniform.
Call should definitely just be Soldier then! Thank you for the guidance. :)

See my inclination when I first wrote up Exploit Existence is that it should be , but got a bit thrown off course because that is typically Exile as the removal option?

I'll update the OP with a hypothetical fix; my understanding is gets the sacrifice a permanent side of things, and with it requiring a sacrifice the rrr feels... possibly viable to me? But perhaps I am very off base.

user_938036
Answers: 21
Pronoun: he / him

Post by user_938036 » 4 years ago

NUMBERS wrote:
4 years ago
I'll update the OP with a hypothetical fix; my understanding is gets the sacrifice a permanent side of things, and with it requiring a sacrifice the rrr feels... possibly viable to me? But perhaps I am very off base.
Not quite. Red can get "Target player sacrifices a permanent." In this case, the choice is up to the opponent. However, "Target permanent's controller sacrifices it." is essentially "Destroy target permanent." which no single color gets. Just because you make something sacrifice rather than destroy or exile doesn't actually shift what color it belongs to. Fundamentally anything a color can destroy it can exile and in theory force a player to sacrifice it. There are colors that favor certain abilities more but even then it's more of a plane by plane basis.

NUMBERS

user_938036 wrote:
4 years ago
Updated based on reflection and your feedback; thank you! :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”